Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trading Post: bad business forum (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/191622-trading-post-bad-business-forum.html)

t500hps 07-22-2008 07:59 AM

Trading Post: bad business forum

Trading Post: Just figured I’d try this in place of the old “bad business” forum.

I have some parts going back and forth with the following members……if anyone has had bad experiences with me or one of them please send a PM as a warning to the appropriate party.

axapowell
asmith
Bford

*Would something like this help police/protect members from the few scum that walk among us? Would this or some variation work?

Russ C.

never enuff 07-22-2008 01:37 PM

I think it would. It would help with someone that says Gee I'd like to try those ________ out before I buy them. Do you send the stuff to them or ask for your money first or ask for a deposit or send your stuff to a neutral 3rd party or or or???? Some names you recognize on here and others you don't. Good question--who do you trust if you have never done business with them???
I know some will say I never trust anyone---I'd like to believe that most people are honest--I guess I might be living in a dream world.
Jay

CAPTAIN CHUCK 07-22-2008 06:11 PM

I have done a few deals with fellow members here with no issues.

It would be nice to think that everyone here is honest and would not rip off a fellow boater but that would be extremely naive.

I used the simple rule of only dealing with long term members with high post counts. Although it is not fool proof it has worked for me thus far.

Just my 2 pennies.....

boatman22 07-22-2008 06:19 PM

Come on Jay you can trust me:drink:

t500hps 07-22-2008 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CHUCK (Post 2631690)

It would be nice to think that everyone here is honest and would not rip off a fellow boater but that would be extremely naive.

I used the simple rule of only dealing with long term members with high post counts. Although it is not fool proof it has worked for me thus far.

Just my 2 pennies.....

2 words...........TRICK MARINE

CAPTAIN CHUCK 07-22-2008 06:45 PM

You are correct on that one but I thought we were talking about individuals not companies.

Yes I know Fred Cecil was "friends" with a lot of members here but he also had a big company.

I was talking about regular guys......Like us.:ernaehrung004:

t500hps 07-22-2008 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CHUCK (Post 2631714)
You are correct on that one but I thought we were talking about individuals not companies.

Yes I know Fred Cecil was "friends" with a lot of members here but he also had a big company.

I was talking about regular guys......Like us.:ernaehrung004:

I am and I agree, just making a point about post count....and BTW, I have had a number of transactions with members here all with good results.
I put this up calling out my own reputation and giving some guys that are putting their trust in me some confidence that I'm going to do the right thing. If more transactions were know BEFORE they happened maybe we can reduce the number of people getting screwed over.....just a thought.

CAPTAIN CHUCK 07-22-2008 08:06 PM

I think it's a great idea bro!!!

I hope this catches on because it can be a great tool in knowing who to buy things from on here.

Chuck

US1 Fountain 07-22-2008 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CHUCK (Post 2631690)

I used the simple rule of only dealing with long term members with high post counts. ..

I've always had good luck with well known members here. I've sent parts out as soon as the next day saying send the money as soon as they recieve the item and it's as I advertised, or send it back if not or not what they wanted.

Did however get taken by a member who joined just with the intrest of selling stuff.

t500hps 07-22-2008 08:47 PM

I recieved a PM asking what went wrong with one of the guys I listed...NOTHING has gone wrong if that's the way your reading it.
These guys are sending items for me to test out then return OR pay for them. This thread was an idea I had some time ago and am using as a way to warn anyone if they feel I've ever cheated someone.