Notices

West Coast 28-30ft

Old 07-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 29 Lavey is a very nice boat! Is your a single or twin?
Old 07-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schweeng
I have had two 29 Lavey Crafts....measured at transom.

I have run with the bigger boats in multiple situations....and the result is always the same.

I'll get to where we are heading or back to the ramp and all the bigger boat owners say the same thing...." I can't believe how that thing runs....can't believe you hung with a 38 out in that stuff".....

The 29 is an awesome bottom - Lavey makes a great boat.

28 Howard (measued at the swim step) is a great, fast lake boat. I have yet in 4-5 years ever see one in the ocean - no idea how it handles the rough.

Shockwaves - seem to do well in the ocean. My videos that I have provided the SCOPE club really show how well they handle a ground swell.
Where can I find that video? Thanks
Old 07-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
I hear ya, but low profile give better stability and turning capability. Isn't that what people want? I like the standup freeboard for cruisers. If you going to race or drive aggressive I would take a Corvette over an SUV.
I don't know much about Offshore Racing but doesn't almost all v-bottoms race with stand-up bolsters? I love being able to stand up in my Scarab.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Run_em_hard
I don't know much about Offshore Racing but doesn't almost all v-bottoms race with stand-up bolsters? I love being able to stand up in my Scarab.
I know in the old days they all where stand up boats because of the high freeboard. Almost all the 28-32' boats that have been winning the races now are low profile sit down hulls. There's a big trend going this way. Lavey's 28 Evo, you almost sit on the floor!

http://www.laveycraft.com/28evo.htm

Check out these: Extreme, Superboat, Activator, LaveyCraft, Phantom, Velocity ect..

Last edited by FASTERDAMITT; 07-24-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Registered

I know in the old days they all where stand up boats because of the high freeboard. Almost all the 28-32' boats that have been winning the races now are low profile sit down hulls. There's a big trend going this way. Lavey's 28 Evo, you almost sit on the floor!

http://www.laveycraft.com/28evo.htm

Check out these: Extreme, Superboat, Activator, LaveyCraft, Phantom, Velocity ect..
I love that Lavey Evo, but they've only built TWO! So, I don't think it's quite the race boat yet. I believe they race the 2750 which is a stand up. I guess in that size range people are looking for practical?

I wish people had been buying those Evo's, so I could be looking at used ones this winter.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered

They are racing it since last year. Here is the Evo I raced with in POPRA.

http://www.laveycraft.com/racing.htm
Old 07-25-2008, 02:03 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
I love that Lavey Evo, but they've only built TWO! So, I don't think it's quite the race boat yet. I believe they race the 2750 which is a stand up.
The 2750 is s sitdown, and does very well racing in the rough stuff.

Michael
Old 07-25-2008, 08:30 AM
Registered

They are racing it since last year. Here is the Evo I raced with in POPRA.

http://www.laveycraft.com/racing.htm
You're right. I was only talking about the pleasure version I guess, there's a red with flames and a yellow "tribalish" one. The owner's son had said only 2 built, but he must have been talking about the pleasure versions.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
The 2750 is s sitdown, and does very well racing in the rough stuff.

Michael
Man, I'm wrong again on these Lavey's I guess.

I am nearly positive though I have seen pics of stand up Lavey's in that size range 26-29, but I can't find any now so it might have been another West Coast boat?

Is the Evo the same bottom as the 2750 then, since those are the 2 they race? I had assumed actually the full canopy race versions were 2750's with canopies rather than evo's, but obviously it makes more since for them to be the original evo deck with the canopy chopped off.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Registered

Default Wc

Hard to disagree that the eastcoast consistently builds a better ocean boat, heck thats where it all started. There is plenty of knowledge on the westcoast however, to build a purpose built rough water boat. I guess it depends on how much $$$ you want to put into it and how much time. The Lavey we run is a rough water machine and has the results to prove it. Its a local westcoast boat and would be easy to take a look at.
I wouldn't trade my East Coast tunnel for anything!!! There is not a manufacturer that I know of that builds a true tunnel, WC they all have a training wheel.

THE BIG QUESTION!!!! WHERE WAS EVERYBODY THIS WEEKEND WHEN ALL THE ROUGH WATER RACING WAS GOING ON IN LONG BEACH??? IT DRIVES ME CRAZY THAT THERE WHERE PROBABLY 30 ROUGH WATER BOATS SITTING IN THERE GARAGES WHILE WE WHERE OUT RACING!!!!

Quick Reply: West Coast 28-30ft

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.