Notices

West Coast 28-30ft

Old 07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WESTCOASTCAT
THE BIG QUESTION!!!! WHERE WAS EVERYBODY THIS WEEKEND WHEN ALL THE ROUGH WATER RACING WAS GOING ON IN LONG BEACH??? IT DRIVES ME CRAZY THAT THERE WHERE PROBABLY 30 ROUGH WATER BOATS SITTING IN THERE GARAGES WHILE WE WHERE OUT RACING!!!!
I was there! Last year I won P5. Ya, just a Patrol boat this year. I have alot of hours on my drive and business is slow so I chose to keep the drive in the water this time. Real Estate sales is starting to recover so i should be back in contention soon.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
I was there! Last year I won P5. Ya, just a Patrol boat this year. I have alot of hours on my drive and business is slow so I chose to keep the drive in the water this time. Real Estate sales is starting to recover so i should be back in contention soon.
Was that your white SB?
Old 07-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WESTCOASTCAT
Was that your white SB?

Yep.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
And whatever you do don't look at Kachina, I've had 2. HUGE disappointment.
Im sorry to hear you were dissapointed in your Kachinas. Why the dissapointment? I have owned several and now have a deposit on the all new 39' Patron. I have always had great luck with my boats and got just about all of my money back when I sold them. I think some of the designs people pick may make it hard to sell but if you design your boat to be appealing to most then you have no problem. I would stronly suggest looking at their 30' Drone because it was the best riding boat I had ever been in period.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Laveycraft.
Unbeleivable quality product.
Fantastic, experienced people.

Its your money and for what you spend shouldn't you check them out?

Anyone who says West Coast boats cant take big water hasnt done their homework- go back and get some schoolin on your various offshore records and tested boat awards from the various boat performance mags, and you'll find Laveycraft a consistent performer.

I bought a Laveycraft 2750 with an Ilmor 710 in it.

Spent all Saturday Morning (and the last 15 years) figuring with Jeff out the build.

It was between the ilmor 700, the Merc 600SCI, and the teague 800, or a custom 632CI BBC- all great motors.

Still sorting out some parts details and the nav package, but they start work on her on Monday.

Picts will start soon...

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - in 2 months!
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406/ITS
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan
Old 08-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

I had a big reply typed out but lost it. I've got an 06 29' Shockwave open bow and think it is a great ocean boat. I've run in 5-7' seas with a 3' wind chop along with 2 other 29 Shockwaves and about 9 Laveys between 2750-29'. Small craft advisory also. We all had no problems in those conditions although we had to run slower and got a pretty wet from the spray. Never took waves over the front.

We ran in the ocean yesterday and it was smooth "sailing"

The Laveys are known as "drivers" boats according to 3 owners I've spoken to and the word on the street. I think they are more at home in the ocean than the smooth waters of our lakes. Build quality and the owners of Lavey are great.

My boat in the winter runs 70 (gps) with a HP525EFI and a 24p prop and in the 110* Havasu heat loaded with people,gear and gas runs about 65.(not gps) It is a step bottom 24* deadrise hull with no pad bottom so it lands softly when it airs out.

The 28 Howard Bullet my buddy has is fast, no doubt, but he said it is more of a lake boat with it's low freeboard,pad bottom and shallow deadrise.
Eliminator also had pad bottoms and I think shallow deadrise until you get to 30'

Good luck in your search, any reason for choosing the West coast boats? I know the East coast boats are made for rougher waters than we get.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boat.crazy
Im sorry to hear you were dissapointed in your Kachinas. Why the dissapointment? I have owned several and now have a deposit on the all new 39' Patron. I have always had great luck with my boats and got just about all of my money back when I sold them. I think some of the designs people pick may make it hard to sell but if you design your boat to be appealing to most then you have no problem. I would stronly suggest looking at their 30' Drone because it was the best riding boat I had ever been in period.
Kachina's are a joke...
Honestly,every hull in the Kachina line up is a splash of someone else's design....they have no clue as to how to build a boat from scratch..
A while back I was in Phoenix for a World of Outlaws sprint show,we had some time to kill and stopped by the kachina factory.I still remember asking Louie Majors(Owner) about his new step bottom v's(SleekCraft splash),True story...he tells me they stuck a 2x4 in the mold in order to create a stepped bottom,No R&D,nothing...just glassed a 2x4 in the mold,in order to have a step bottom in the line up.
They are a VALUE builder,of course it's a a lot easier to charge less when you don't incur tooling costs.
I believe the new Patron is a splash of an early model Cigarette...

Last edited by Mychal; 08-03-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a big fan of trashing but Mychal is right. I Rode/drove in a model called the La-bala (or a name very close) and it porpoised more than flipper. It couldnt be trimmed out in any way not too. Not really impressed.

Stabip - happens to me too I hate it when I lose a write up.

Maybe you know, but Im not sure if shockwave vacum bags their hulls or know how much wood is in them. Do they make a fully interlined boat?

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - in 2 months!
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406/ITS
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan
Old 08-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by derrickc
Thats what I was told also. What about the shockwave 29?
You have lots of decent boats to choose from that are built out West. I had a 29 Shockwave that I ran in the ocean for 2 years with no problems. When I sold the boat it was like new, no stress cracks, no loose rigging, no rattles, etc. It's a big 29, which will help you out in the rough water compared to some of the smaller 28-30' boats. I currently have a 34' Shockwave that works well for me.

If you live on the West coast, stop by some of the various builders and look at their shops. Also, take a look at what you see running out on the ocean near you. As far as West coast boats, I would typically see Lavey's, Shockwaves, and Eliminators when I was out. IMO, Lavey has the best factory support for offshore boating - They have an annual fun run to Catalina and get a pretty good turnout.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered

What about the Baja 29 or 30? I know its not a west coast boat but it seems to be priced well. How does it handle offshore conditions?

Quick Reply: West Coast 28-30ft

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.