Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Question about the Team Geico sponsorship and boat >

Question about the Team Geico sponsorship and boat

Notices

Question about the Team Geico sponsorship and boat

Old 07-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 731 Likes on 328 Posts

For those that don't know GEICO started off as Government Employees Insurance Co. and only insured fed. goverment and military types.
They sure have moved on.
ed
Old 07-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Simply, we need more GEICOs. Congrats Marc, Scotty, John and thanks for all you do for the sport.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
This has probably been covered, but I can't remember seeing the details.

So, does Geico insure powerboats now? With having their name all over one of the most radical supercats ever, it obviously implys they do. I know they probably don't do cats..... damnit.... but are they just testing the possibility of one day offering higher performance plans?

Also, why don't these companies use the boats the sponsor in their commercials or magazine ad's??? Other than one Bud Select commercial I can remember, the Dave Scott Budweiser team boats weren't used for ad's either.

I would think Budweiser, Geico, etc would want to include them with their hot rods, motorcycles, etc, on TV with the money they spend?

I sent a letter to the President of Geico Insurance about 2-3 months ago, saying that they have some of the nicest Offshore Powerboat Boats, Trailers, Helicopter and Safety boats around and all identically painted. I suggested that they should use it in their Commercials. I never heard back from them, which is the norm. But what a neat Commercial it would be.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

geico quoted my boat when i got liability on it.. since its under 75mph they could do it i think..it was pretty reasonable..but 70mph isnt high performance anymore
Old 07-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

It is nice to see them supporting our hobby. However, they screwed me over on my insurance and I will never do business with them again!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geico has boats??? I could never look past Reese, there spokesmodel
Old 07-25-2008, 09:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Man, it doesn't get any better! Keep up the great work.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-26-2008, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The insurance co is ok but the race boat does not race anyone period,it races piston powered boats or no one at all and then shows checkerd flags,it is not a show it should be racing,period.Sorry Maximus and Scotty there are people who want to see equal competition not what is happening.It is about racing not the show if we wanted a show we would watch American Idol not boat racing,make it equal and more will follow.As of wright now we are not any better than we were 5 years ago,two many sanctioning bodies and two many classes in all Organizations.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:39 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
The insurance co is ok but the race boat does not race anyone period,it races piston powered boats or no one at all and then shows checkerd flags,it is not a show it should be racing,period.Sorry Maximus and Scotty there are people who want to see equal competition not what is happening.It is about racing not the show if we wanted a show we would watch American Idol not boat racing,make it equal and more will follow.As of wright now we are not any better than we were 5 years ago,two many sanctioning bodies and two many classes in all Organizations.
I can say I like watching the lizzard boat and bud light go at it. And If I'm not mistaken, there will be several new turbine boats out there racing.
Old 07-26-2008, 04:40 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by saxman
I can say I like watching the lizzard boat and bud light go at it. And If I'm not mistaken, there will be several new turbine boats out there racing.
You think the lizard drinks beer during down time?

Quick Reply: Question about the Team Geico sponsorship and boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.