Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down >

Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Notices

Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Old 07-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Reggie Fountain is the man and a Legend.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Ya know what it's all sour grapes for some people...They don't like Fountain Boats or Reggie Fountain.

Any issues you have with him buying Baja from Brunswick are B.S....If a buyer wasn't found Baja would have faded away like so many other boat builders...

If you want to be P.O. at someone you should be looking at Brunswick's management and not the person who bought this line to bolster his own....

I read on here all the time that people just don't like Reggie or his ego that's fine but to just bash someone who will be putting people to work is ludicrous...

At least he has the balls to buy a company that obviously wasn't profitable and take it on during a period where boat sales are dwindling and all some people can do is through baseless comments showing their ignorance or jealously for doing something they only wished they had the resources and business sense to accomplish...

If this sounds a little harsh so be it..I've owned a Fountain and it was one of the best boats I've ever owned and will make no apologies to anyone...
Old 07-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

u really think he bought baja? lol

wow this PR machine realy works
Old 07-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dreamer
u really think he bought baja? lol

wow this PR machine realy works
no i would say it was given to him....unless you know of some other builder who was willing to take on their debt and product lines...whatever was paid or not paid for this line two people appear to be happy....Brunswick and Fountain...
Old 07-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Anyone who owns a business is ultimately is looking to turn a profit otherwise you won't be able to survive...the lenders are tightening their requirements all the time....people no longer have the luxury of turning a profit in a few years,...unless you are established and have good credit it will be a short run which is why most businesses fail in the first three years of start-up...

people that start businesses and hire people are there to make money plain and simple and if that includes bringing stable employment along the way that's a great benefit...

I can't speak for other business owners but we are not in business just to provide jobs, if we aren't making money and moving forward no one needs the aggravation to just tread water or loose money..

Unprofitable Divisions will be eliminated and/or restructured which ultimately leads to a loss of some jobs...

Some people want to make the case that a company needs to show them loyalty and be there for as long as they want, but it never seems to happen when the shoe is on the other foot...

Funny thing is no one criticizes anyone for moving on to a new job to further themselves even if their present employer payed them more than the going rate for their services...

While I don't claim to know any of the circumstances surrounding Fountain's purchase of Baja someone thinks it's a good deal or at the very least a way to further their company...

It happens all the time, one company buys another and they are absorbed never to be heard from again...At least on the surface it appears that Fountain is still going to keep the Baja brand alive, for how long is anyones guess and that's all it is a guess.

Like him or not he's putting his company on the line doing this deal and I wish him the best for the marine industry as a whole needs some positive outcomes out of the doldrums that they are presently in...
Old 07-24-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you think Reggie will put steps on Baja's?
Old 07-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
Get 2 work Ian !!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Registered

I am working. On GM's future finest. Shouldn't you be up to your elbows in someones mouth right now?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:15 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I'm sure the good people of North Carolina are going to be just thrilled to know their tax dollars will be going to subsidize this guy's racing hobby.
indeed
Old 07-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by db71
From the outside it seems as if brunswick is financing this whole deal I would be willing to bet a normal bank would not touch this.
According to the filings he paid $4 million for some of the assets. Don't know that I believe the average wages reportedly to be paid.

From Trade Only Today

Fountain adding jobs in North Carolina
Fountain Powerboats plans to add 250 jobs and invest $12 million during the next five years to expand its Beaufort County, N.C., operations, North Carolina Gov. Mike Easley announced.

“(The boating industry) continues to thrive in our state because of our trained workforce, top-ranked business climate and superior quality of life,” Easley said in a statement. “For more than 200 years, many North Carolinians have made careers building boats.”

Fountain Powerboats, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fountain Powerboat Industries, currently employs 333 people at its 65-acre campus along the Pamlico River. The company is expanding so it can produce the Baja line of boats, which it recently acquired from Brunswick.

Fountain expects to begin manufacturing the Baja by Fountain boat product line for the 2009 model year. Fountain paid $4 million for the assets, according to documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

The assets acquired consist primarily of equipment, tooling, drawings, blueprints, design software and production process documentation used to build Baja boat models for the model year 2009 and later. The company also acquired trademarks and other assets used to sell the acquired models.

Fountain’s expansion was made possible, in part, by a Job Development Investment Grant, Easley said. Wages for the 250 jobs will average $35,800, which is more than the county average of $28,132.

Company CEO Reggie Fountain said the state’s JDIG “played strongly” in its decision to relocate Baja boats to its existing North Carolina plant. Baja boats had been produced at a plant in Bucyrus, Ohio.

“In the past, we have made the world’s fastest boats to the highest standards of quality, using the best employees any manufacturer could hope for,” Fountain said in a statement. “(This) announcement means we’re going to make even more boats, employing more of these great people.”

This marks the 79th JDIG award announced since the program was started in 2002.

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/ME2/di...4B0763DFE8DDA5

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
I doubt it. I think he just wanted to purchase the "#1 Performance Boat manufacturer in the world" so he could move up and not just make the "world's fastest boats"!

"Baja Marine Along with a rich tradition of innovation, a superior standard of quality has allowed Baja to maintain its position as the #1 Performance Boat in the world.
www.bajamarine.com/"

Quick Reply: Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.