Notices

38 PP vs 37 OL

Old 08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 38 PP vs 37 OL

Looking for some info for a friend. Im familiar with the size of the 38 PP but only been on a 37 OL for a brief ride many years ago..Does anyone know the size difference if any when side by side. Ride quality, I know which one I prefer, as well as which boat is just slightly faster power being equal..give me some feedback guys..Thanks Jeff
Old 08-01-2008, 01:27 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

39 Nortech.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Had a 37 with 575's and now have a 38pp with 525's. The ol is a lighter boat and is close to the 38 in cockpit size. The 38 PP inmho would beat the ol in rough water. All depends if you want a little more top end or a wave crusher. Rigging on both boats is excellent.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion, these boats are in two completely different leagues. If prices are anywhere close take the OL.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cowisl
Had a 37 with 575's and now have a 38pp with 525's. The ol is a lighter boat and is close to the 38 in cockpit size. The 38 PP inmho would beat the ol in rough water. All depends if you want a little more top end or a wave crusher. Rigging on both boats is excellent.

Thanks..I totally agree. What is your opinion on the cabin headroom and how it feels when down in there on the PP.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
In my opinion, these boats are in two completely different leagues. If prices are anywhere close take the OL.
You have obviously not spent time on a Powerplay. OL are world class boats- they only thing that put's them in "a different league" is their outrageous pricetag.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
You have obviously not spent time on a Powerplay. OL are world class boats- they only thing that put's them in "a different league" is their outrageous pricetag.
A PP will kill an OL in rough water.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Thanks..I totally agree. What is your opinion on the cabin headroom and how it feels when down in there on the PP.

Thanks
I've never ridden on a 38 PP, but have been on both boats and the OL cabin has a lot more headroom. The PP, while very nice, is more similar to a 37 Thunder. I thought the 37 Thunder and 38PP were very similar in cabin layout and size. The OL has a taller cabin, more similar to a 38 Powerquest in size.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 32fever
I've never ridden on a 38 PP, but have been on both boats and the OL cabin has a lot more headroom. The PP, while very nice, is more similar to a 37 Thunder. I thought the 37 Thunder and 38PP were very similar in cabin layout and size. The OL has a taller cabin, more similar to a 38 Powerquest in size.

When I had my 37 A.T, Radio Active..there was a 37 ss OL. I was in it, drove it and ran it side by side to the A.T. It was much larger but overall weight was about the same. The cabin was also taller around 5'5" if memory serves me correctly where's the A.T. was 5'1". Now the38 PP I was on felt closer to 6', but then dropped drastically..Ive been trying to find in my mags, or threads of PR's where both boats would be side by side to make a comparision for my buddy. Both beautiful boats, he's obviously looking at used. If he had the coin, Id have hime drive a 39 Nor-Tech, Cig, OL or Hustler.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
When I had my 37 A.T, Radio Active..there was a 37 ss OL. I was in it, drove it and ran it side by side to the A.T. It was much larger but overall weight was about the same. The cabin was also taller around 5'5" if memory serves me correctly where's the A.T. was 5'1". Now the38 PP I was on felt closer to 6', but then dropped drastically..Ive been trying to find in my mags, or threads of PR's where both boats would be side by side to make a comparision for my buddy. Both beautiful boats, he's obviously looking at used. If he had the coin, Id have hime drive a 39 Nor-Tech, Cig, OL or Hustler.
Just for accuracy, the newer decks on the 37AT and 33AT , (2003 and up) have a cabin height of 5'6" at their deepest point.

The 38PP is a MUCH bigger boat than the 37AT. It also weighs 2000 lbs. more +/-.

There is a picture from Lake Cumberland Poker Run in '06 I believe with Rich's 37AT and Robby's 38PP side by side. You can clearly see the difference in size. I can't find the pic at the moment though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.