Like Tree0Likes

Fountain/Scism Mti,s

Reply
Old 08-05-2008, 12:52 PM
  #21
Registered
 
Downtown42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD
Posts: 9,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
Boat in Old Saybrook...
nice name on the boat 2 slips down
Downtown42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:14 PM
  #22
1CE
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 430
Default

little heavy, changes in drive heights, interesting, maybe that answers some of the dissatisfied customers remarks !
1CE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:26 AM
  #23
Registered
 
44MTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-Dock
My Boats: 08' 44 MTI
Posts: 3,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insptech View Post
So were all the Fountain boats branded Fountain/Scism or would some have been MTI branded? When did the agreement start and end?
I believe all the Fontain boats were branded Fountain/MTI, and I am pretty sure the boat in the pic is one of those. I think that was a 900/#6 boat, by fountain and the original owner was not happy with the speeds, and that the boat was a little heavy, but not alot. It is what we refer to as the 42 SUV MTI, Rare Breed is a 44 SUV. Same boat from the cockpit forward, but the 44 has a longer bussel and steps going down to the swim platform.
Pier 57 does have an 02 listed in there PB ad that has 780's and B-maxs that is also a Fountain/MTI, it was built by Jimmy Jackson out of Mississippi. David also has an 01' 42 listed with 780's on his website, Orange yellow fade with blue and white checkered flag at the rear. That is a missprint, as it is my old boat, It is a 900/#6 boat built by MTI, It was the third pleasure boat Randy built, and in the 02'(I think) Miami Boat Show in the Fountain both, This was when the short marriage between Randy and Reggie began.
The first boat Randy built was owned by his father-in-law and kept on LOTO with the 900 Donovans, second was Dirty Duck, Then mine.
44MTI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 02:29 PM
  #24
1CE
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 430
Default

44MTI, thank you for the real deal info ! keep it a-comin.
1CE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:01 PM
  #25
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: N.Miami,Florida
My Boats: MTI, marine technology inc.
Posts: 392
Thumbs up

I thought that you saw us there with the MTI,s aFEW WEEKS AGO !!We ran a 42 MTI 'Time Flys ' & A 44 MTI 'team Pepsi ' in the tri state run out of old say brook .We had a blast crossing the alantic to block island in the rough stuff !!
there was another new 42 MTI that also ran great with the owner & Jimmy Mac.
XtremePowerboats.com is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:23 PM
  #26
Registered
Thread Starter
 
KNOT-RIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Providence,RI
My Boats: Turbine 46 Skater
Posts: 3,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremePowerboats.com View Post
I thought that you saw us there with the MTI,s aFEW WEEKS AGO !!We ran a 42 MTI 'Time Flys ' & A 44 MTI 'team Pepsi ' in the tri state run out of old say brook .We had a blast crossing the alantic to block island in the rough stuff !!
there was another new 42 MTI that also ran great with the owner & Jimmy Mac.
Now you know why I wanted a 46 Skater.
Larry you were in my back yard. Sorry I didnt get a chance to meet you!


Gerry
KNOT-RIGHT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 PM
  #27
Charter Member
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Ted G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Edgerock Baby!!
My Boats: Marlago 35 FS, 18 Neptune CC
Posts: 7,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44MTI View Post
I believe all the Fontain boats were branded Fountain/MTI, and I am pretty sure the boat in the pic is one of those. I think that was a 900/#6 boat, by fountain and the original owner was not happy with the speeds, and that the boat was a little heavy, but not alot. It is what we refer to as the 42 SUV MTI, Rare Breed is a 44 SUV. Same boat from the cockpit forward, but the 44 has a longer bussel and steps going down to the swim platform.
Pier 57 does have an 02 listed in there PB ad that has 780's and B-maxs that is also a Fountain/MTI, it was built by Jimmy Jackson out of Mississippi. David also has an 01' 42 listed with 780's on his website, Orange yellow fade with blue and white checkered flag at the rear. That is a missprint, as it is my old boat, It is a 900/#6 boat built by MTI, It was the third pleasure boat Randy built, and in the 02'(I think) Miami Boat Show in the Fountain both, This was when the short marriage between Randy and Reggie began.
The first boat Randy built was owned by his father-in-law and kept on LOTO with the 900 Donovans, second was Dirty Duck, Then mine.

Thanks for the info, my buddy just bought an 04 44 SUV with 900's and BPMs, just curious about it. This boat shows no trim issues and has run 125 heavy on fuel and people so speed is pretty good for the power. Rigging is meticulous and it has great "cool" factor.
__________________
Chesapeake Bay Powerboat Association
www.cbpba.com
Ted G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:22 AM
  #28
Registered
 
44MTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-Dock
My Boats: 08' 44 MTI
Posts: 3,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insptech View Post
Thanks for the info, my buddy just bought an 04 44 SUV with 900's and BPMs, just curious about it. This boat shows no trim issues and has run 125 heavy on fuel and people so speed is pretty good for the power. Rigging is meticulous and it has great "cool" factor.
Is this the blue and silver one?
44MTI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:23 PM
  #29
Registered
Thread Starter
 
KNOT-RIGHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Providence,RI
My Boats: Turbine 46 Skater
Posts: 3,172
Default

Looks like its going to be leaving.


http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o26796-en.html
KNOT-RIGHT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Buddy OO
General Boating Discussion
56
01-06-2007 09:18 PM
BAJA WILL
General Boating Discussion
8
07-07-2006 10:05 PM
Brad Zastrow
General Boating Discussion
4
06-30-2006 05:53 PM
dhlaw
General Boating Discussion
7
12-17-2003 12:41 PM
BAJA WILL
General Boating Discussion
6
09-04-2002 09:24 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.