Old 07-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Registered

My Boats: MYSTIC Catamarans, Center Consoles & Great Selection Of Used Boats
Default Thank you for kind comment

Thank you for kind comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromecat View Post
Team Shogren / Scott Shogren

, Not at all doubting what you guys have done with that boat, just can't believe that even in the marketplace that we are in you still have it. With everyone trying to run that kind of power on bravo's and you have a #6 package that is in the same price range... doesn't make much sense.

It just seems like one of if not the best price large V-bottom that I have seen.

btw. everyone that I know who has dealt with Scott/team shogren, has raved about them...

Don
Old 07-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Registered

Default Thank you for kind comment

Thank you for kind comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by skater View Post
It is unbelievable deal on this boat and Shogrens is awesome to deal with. I bought an Outerlimits from Scott and found it was exactly as he described and would not hesitate to deal with them again.

Mark H.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Registered

Default Not 100% Sure

Not 100% sure, would need to ask Bill @ ATECO. He is a sponsor on this site and has been rebuilding our motors exclusivley for five years without one comeback.

QUOTE=KAAMA;2635998]That's a very nice boat----I love the set-up! Would you know the bore/stroke combination???[/QUOTE]
Old 07-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogren View Post
Don,

No stories although there were when we received boat. We had to pull motors and have them completely rebuilt. During the rebuild we had to replace just about everythinbg in them. Motors wer built by Ateco in Waukegan, IL. You can call them to discuss all details of motors if you like. They dyno'd 804HP and have less than five hours on them. Bill has always stood behind his product. The drives are good, do not know last time they were gone thru. Trans seems to shift fine. The only problem with the boat is it has the wrong props, they are way to big. They will only turn 4800 rpm @ about 86mph and the motors are 6000 rpm motors. The boat paint is in very good condition, interior is 7.5, no such thing as a 10 in my book for a used boat, trailer is a 7, we just went thru trailer and serviced bearings and lights. It's alot of boat for the money.

Regards,

Team Shogren / Scott Shogren

www.chicagofountain.com

847-336-9037
Hi Scott,
Why don't you prop the boat right and go through the drives? -Or are you planning on doing this? Seems like a new ownwer wouldn't be satisfied with a boat that's not set up correctly and gone through to make it "whole". (even though you had nothing to do with it)

Thanks,
Gerard
Old 07-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 1990 Apache 41, 40' Skater built Fountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogren View Post
We've had it less than three weeks, it was just traded in on 51 Outerlimits we had.
scott.... you are mistaken my freind you and i discussed this boat in your showroom in december and you couldnt believe it was still there at the price you were selling it for then. now you might have sold and bought it since then but that boat was in your show room when i bought my apache from you.. and it had been there for a few months as well becuase i kept looking at it when i was looking for my apache... nice boat!!

and just like every customer you sell boats to... i was very happy with shogren marine and would do business with them again, anytime!!! top notch customer service and very friendly to deal with..... even took care of me 3 months after the sale of the boat... so dont hesitate to take scott at his word!!!!

andy
Old 07-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

My Boats: 1991 34' Super Hawaii

Seems like your comments were answered in post # 6
Old 07-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 Formula 260BR

I believe this was the first 42 built by OL. Didn't it originally come with #5 drives? Great deal on this boat!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Registered

Default Answer

We are a Fountain dealer and the props that work on our 6 drives are no where near the correct size for this boat. There fore price was adjusted way below the cost of correct props, I am sure consumers aware would agree it is very difficult to find a 42 OL With 6 Drives for this kind of money. IN regards to drives, oil is clean without metal fragments, we are almost 30 days out in service and if a customer that purchased boat wanted us to go thru drives we would but do not feel it to be necessary at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
Hi Scott,
Why don't you prop the boat right and go through the drives? -Or are you planning on doing this? Seems like a new ownwer wouldn't be satisfied with a boat that's not set up correctly and gone through to make it "whole". (even though you had nothing to do with it)

Thanks,
Gerard
Old 07-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered

Default Answer

We have been told 3A & 5's by OL, they were not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer 880 View Post
I believe this was the first 42 built by OL. Didn't it originally come with #5 drives? Great deal on this boat!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

Default No problem

NO problem, yes we sold it and then it was traded in on the 51OL we had a few weeks ago. The first time we had it was before we did the motors.

Reagrds,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfitness1 View Post
scott.... you are mistaken my freind you and i discussed this boat in your showroom in december and you couldnt believe it was still there at the price you were selling it for then. now you might have sold and bought it since then but that boat was in your show room when i bought my apache from you.. and it had been there for a few months as well becuase i kept looking at it when i was looking for my apache... nice boat!!

and just like every customer you sell boats to... i was very happy with shogren marine and would do business with them again, anytime!!! top notch customer service and very friendly to deal with..... even took care of me 3 months after the sale of the boat... so dont hesitate to take scott at his word!!!!

andy