Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help! Is Monster Marine the old Trick Marine? >

Help! Is Monster Marine the old Trick Marine?

Notices

Help! Is Monster Marine the old Trick Marine?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't mean to start anything bad here. I just wanted to make sure that Fred didn't own Monster.
I got a call explaining everything so it looks like Gaffrig owns Monster and Trick bought most of his stuff from Gaffrig and owed them a ton of money. So they took back what they could to try and recover some of their losses. I can't say I blame them. As someone stated earlier "They were the smartest one of all"
One of the parts I need I can't find anywhere else so I guess I will give them a try. I will keep track of the whole deal and let ya know how it goes.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The guys that acquired Trick and changed it to Monster did so via a sneaky, back-door tactic. They got theres and a bunch of other guys who were also owed by Fred got nothing. other board members who paid Fred thousands of dollars and got nothing.

If these are the kinds of people you want to do business with...

And by the way, there's no such thing as "the only place that has it".
Old 07-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I am almost certain that Gaffrig was not the largest creditor by a long shot. Illegal conveyance in my opinion if creditors decide to pursue.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:06 PM

Some guys tried. Problem was, they were all out-of-towners and the locals didn't want to get involved on some petty thing they saw as civil. A bulk transfer is only legitimate if all debtors sign off on it.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boyne - give Doller Offshore or Teague a call to put your mind at ease. If its pricey parts its not worth the risk.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:16 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
It's easy to undercut your competitors on price when you don't pay your suppliers.
Are you saying that Monster Marine is not paying the suppliers ?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:05 AM

Not at all. That was Trick's MO. My comment was referenced to the one about the good deal on the steering wheel.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not at all. That was Trick's MO. My comment was referenced to the one about the good deal on the steering wheel.
Didn't realize that the Monster Marine deal was questionable and had ruffled your feathers so badly. I searched (Google) high and low for a better deal, but had no luck. Everyone else was full list - $100 more.
For what it's worth, at least I didn't buy it from RLCPE....

Last edited by C_Spray; 07-30-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Didn't realize that the Monster Marine deal was questionable and had ruffled your feathers so badly. I searched (Google) high and low for a better deal, but had no luck. Everyone else was full list - $100 more.
For what it's worth, at least I didn't buy it from RLCPE....
Lots of friends and good people on this board got boned by Fred. By Monster slipping in, it lessened their chances of getting anything back. I hold no personal grudge against Monster, I just think people should know the whole story. The fact that they're competing against their own distributor/customers is certainly frosting on the cake. Combine the two and I think you get a fairly clear picture of their ethical makeup. I look at it this way- if a guy will f someone else, what stops him from f'ing me?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Lots of friends and good people on this board got boned by Fred. By Monster slipping in, it lessened their chances of getting anything back. I hold no personal grudge against Monster, I just think people should know the whole story. The fact that they're competing against their own distributor/customers is certainly frosting on the cake. Combine the two and I think you get a fairly clear picture of their ethical makeup. I look at it this way- if a guy will f someone else, what stops him from f'ing me?
Very well said.

Quick Reply: Help! Is Monster Marine the old Trick Marine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.