Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What draws you to the brand boat you have? >

What draws you to the brand boat you have?

Notices

What draws you to the brand boat you have?

Old 03-04-2002, 01:33 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that is by far one of the most honest statements anyone will ever hear on here.....
Old 03-04-2002, 02:07 PM
Registered

Default good post dman2

yeah it was love at first site!!!!
just like that young and pretty 3rd grade teacher you had you know the one that gave you a ...... am I typing outloud again you know you'll never forget
now let's see if this works
Attached Thumbnails What draws you to the brand boat you have?-mydonzi1.jpg  
Old 03-04-2002, 03:21 PM
Registered

I bought this at 20 years old on a complete impulse. I had no idea what a cat was nor had I ever seen one, but the look of it sold me, then I went for a test ride...SOLD!! I cant tell you how lucky I am to be here to tell about this boat, all the stupid things I did without knowing it was dangerous, is amazing. I use to do full speed 100+ turns in the channels, sliding the boat, and holding it at the edge, thinking only, that it was fun. Really stupid, now that I look back, or full speed night runs and seeing a bouy miss me by a few feet. Anyway I did an impulse buy of an ex-race boat, and didn't know the first thing about what to look for. After all was said and done, and it's in better than new shape finally, I replaced the transom, re-glassed & re-puttied every bulkhead, removed the cockpit interior several times, once to have the floor cut out and the composite tanks cut out and replaced with 2 new aluminum tanks, completely rewired everything, rebuilt both motors, replaced, and lower unit bearing carriers, ground out, patched, and repaired various stress cracks, all new vinyl graphics, replaced switches. See what happens when you make an impulse buy, and word to the wise, if anyone is looking to buy an ex race boat, be ready to do all of this to get it back to tip top shape. It's had the fine tooth comb all over it, that's for sure, and it's pretty nice now, and it's for sale, more pics & info on my homepage.
Attached Thumbnails What draws you to the brand boat you have?-cat005.jpg  

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 03-04-2002 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:24 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Yeah, yeah, nice boat now tell us about the hotty!....
Old 03-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Dman2; I live between Goshen & Owensville...My dad was born in Marimont Also...Small world !..............Wouldnt want to paint it though
Old 03-04-2002, 03:43 PM
satisfaction69

LOOKS,Looks,and damn good Looks, Cigarette 280ss an old boat but every one can tell a Cigarette apart from everything else,just like the Beak boats what ever they are also the speed thing is good with good power as we all know.
later Sat69

Old 03-04-2002, 04:07 PM
Registered

Reckless, That's funny!! she uhhhh, nevermind, just a girl I made act like I was taking photo's for hot boats swimsuit edition. Theres a few more pic's of her on the my homepage ya HORNDOG!!!!

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 03-04-2002 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-04-2002, 04:14 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

One wouldn't be a good boater if he didn't notice the finer lines of another's rig....
Old 03-04-2002, 05:26 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Thanks for all the Post. Mattyboy that is a sweeet Ride. One of my favorites is the MERC racing shot a couple of post back. Keep them coming. DMAN2
Old 03-04-2002, 06:06 PM
Registered

The reason I picked my boat....mmmm well I was a REALLY big Miami Vice fan when I was young and I thought Don Johnson was cool and he had a Scarab so Scarabs must be cool too.
And a friend of mine was friends with the owner of the marina/dealership that sold Scarabs. So I went there met the owner told him what I could afford and he sold me mine at cost. I did this on an impulse, from the time I decided to buy a boat to the time I owned was three days.
Well now that I'm older and mature I would have done things differently , don't get me wrong I really like my boat , now that it's got more power and options than I bought it with.
If I was to do it all over I would have bought a custom boat instead of a mainstream boat.

Quick Reply: What draws you to the brand boat you have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.