Boat Launch-- Emerald Coast Poker Run >

Boat Launch-- Emerald Coast Poker Run

Notices

Boat Launch-- Emerald Coast Poker Run

Old 07-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Boat Launch-- Emerald Coast Poker Run

Where is a good boat launch in the Fort Walton Beach area. We launched at Liza Jackson Park last year and the ramp is too short and not level. Not too bad to launch, but not good for retrieval. Also the area in front on the ramps out to the intercoastal is fairly shallow. We bumped the bottom a couple of times. There is supposed to be a good one over the bridge by Legendary Marine.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The best boat ramp i know of is in destin off beach drive, If coming from Ft. Walton cross over the bridge into destin 3rd redlight is beach drive make a left and go through the stop sign and about half a mile on the right go long ramps and docks, liesa jackson sucks you almost have to push your boat out hold onto the rope move the trailer pull it back in then jump on the bow, and im only in a 35fter..
Old 07-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wodster69
The best boat ramp i know of is in destin off beach drive, If coming from Ft. Walton cross over the bridge into destin 3rd redlight is beach drive make a left and go through the stop sign and about half a mile on the right go long ramps and docks, liesa jackson sucks you almost have to push your boat out hold onto the rope move the trailer pull it back in then jump on the bow, and im only in a 35fter..

Thanks, Wodster. I think this is the one we were told was the best, but no-one seemed to know exactly where it was. Just go over the bridge into Destin. Is there a name or address for this launch?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:01 PM

Go to the public ramp in Shalimar past Okoloosa Island right next to IHOP, put my TG in there all the time, little steep but deep
Old 07-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gerritm
Thanks, Wodster. I think this is the one we were told was the best, but no-one seemed to know exactly where it was. Just go over the bridge into Destin. Is there a name or address for this launch?
The name of the launch is Joe's Bayou. After you cross the bridge in Destin turn left onto Beach Drive. I'm pretty sure there is a Circle K on one corner and another gas station on the other corner of Beach Drive and Hwy 98. Follow Beach Drive through a residential area about a mile. The launch will be on the right.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KajunATVer
The name of the launch is Joe's Bayou. After you cross the bridge in Destin turn left onto Beach Drive. I'm pretty sure there is a Circle K on one corner and another gas station on the other corner of Beach Drive and Hwy 98. Follow Beach Drive through a residential area about a mile. The launch will be on the right.
Yep, Circle K on one corner and Chevron on the other. We put in there last year. Nice launch.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There a few threads on here on Destin info,do a search.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=destin+launch

http://www.communitywalk.com/destin_area_guide/map/2872#0003<PT

http://www.cityofdestin.com/index.ph...City%20Council

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KajunATVer
Thanks guys.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by kevinr
Go to the public ramp in Shalimar past Okoloosa Island right next to IHOP, put my TG in there all the time, little steep but deep
I think your talking about the one on hwy 98 in ft walton. thats is Liza jackson by the Ihop, there isnt a Ihop in shalimar. I belive there is a boat ramp in shalimar but i dont know where offhand.

Joes bayou is on beach drive in destin its the third traffic light after coming over the bridge from the island there is a chevron and a circle k on the corners make a left on to beach drive, about half of a mile theres a stop sign, go straight through the intersection about half a mile on the right will be the boat ramp, there is a ramp fee i'm not sure the amount.

If your coming from the Mid bay bridge make a right on to hwy 98 after you pass target beach drive will be the second traffic light im guessing about five miles.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here you guys go this shows most of the ramps in the area.

http://fishingdestinguide.com/BOATRAMPS.html

Quick Reply: Boat Launch-- Emerald Coast Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.