Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
***URGENT*** Please read!! Need replies, comments concerns! >

***URGENT*** Please read!! Need replies, comments concerns!

Notices
View Poll Results: Have you ever been confused over the two different Gaffrig companies?
Yes, I am very confused as to the difference
42.50%
Yes, I am a Gaffrig Precison / Livorsi Marine customer
36.25%
Yes, but don't care about the difference makes no difference to me
6.25%
No, I did not even know there were two companies
15.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

***URGENT*** Please read!! Need replies, comments concerns!

Old 03-01-2002, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never knew there was two company's using the same basic name until I came to offshoreonly.com I have never checked out either's product to see a visual difference. I have Faria gauges in my boat vintage 88 and they still work fine.
Good luck in your battle
Old 03-01-2002, 11:11 PM
Registered

Thanks to all for your responses keep the info and comments coming
Old 03-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also didn't know there was a difference until this board. But how about another vote option to fill in the void as I see it:

Yes, I am aware of the 2 different companies, but while I do not currently have either Gaffrig brand, I would purchase the brand from xxxx when in the market for gauges.

This just seems like a more applicable condition to many, in my opinion.

Good Luck,
Jerry

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-01-2002 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:33 PM
Registered

I have Gaffrig gauges in both of my Apaches and enjoy doing business with Mr. Livorsi. I just put all new gauges in my 41 and the only ones that were not Mike's were the dept finder, GPS, flow scan, and tank tender. The f@#$%^g things look great. Sorry I missed ya'll at the boat show, but I just couldn't make it down. Thanks for all the help Mike. OBTW the gauges all work too.
RLT
Old 03-01-2002, 11:50 PM
Registered

In reply to US1 Fountain we wanted to see consumers opinions about Gaffrig. There are too many different companies to list for the poll which was why we added the have no opinion response.

Thank you for your comment it is exactly the input we are looking for ...I knew all the boaters out there would respond here!!
Old 03-02-2002, 12:11 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Unobloondie, actually I was thinking of just between the 2 Gaffrig companies, not all of the different makes. Sorry, for confusion.
Like I said, there are MANY people that are aware of the 2 companies and are WANTING to update there dash with the Gaffrig/Liovorsi, but that is not one of the vote options. Only the "I don't care which ". Most boaters going to the trouble to change over their dash, do care which ones.

Jerry

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 03-02-2002 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-02-2002, 12:27 AM
Hustler 26

This discussion (subject) has been going on for some time. I was very interested in the Powerboat editoral. I had always thought that Livorsi was the ones that had started the lawsuit. But according to Powerboat Mag they countered sued. Mike Schultz who worked with Gaffrig is the one that started it. This says to me that Mike is the one trying to defend his name. In my opinion(notice I said "mine") Powerboat seems to be leaning in favor of Mike Schultz. I don't know. However I know I would be very upset if someone tried to use my name or ideas (patents?) to make money. Especially if they used the same name.

Old 03-02-2002, 12:59 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a Gaffrig/Livorse customer. I've redone my dash and indicators all with their products. I didn't answer the poll because I wouldn't consider using anything else. I can see where it would be confusing and I would be upset if I was sold equipment that was labled in such a way as to confuse me.

I can see why Schultz is sueing. He might be loseing all that free advertising that Gaffrig/Livorse does for him.
Old 03-02-2002, 02:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have Livorsi Marine/Gaffrig gauges in my boat and all the storys I had heard up until the Powerboat Editorial said that they were the real thing and the other company was the imposter, I agree with Hustler 26 that Powerboat sure seemed like they were leaning the other way, now I am confused
I have had some problems with my gauges but they were after the waranty was up so I fixed them myself, my speedometer housing had all the paint/powdercoating peeling off and was rusting on the back side also, I took it apart and repainted the parts, my water pressure gauges stick almost everytime the engines are turned on until the pressure gets to 10-15lbs then they will break loose, its not the plumbing but the gauges as I have tested them by putting a tee in the line to an air pressure gauge, after the gauge breaks loose they are fine for that outing but even the next day they will stick again.
Thanks for asking for my input,
Caleb Reese
Old 03-02-2002, 02:36 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that there is a large amount of confusion btwn the two companies. I do not know were but there are a number of strings that have people that are confused about what company is what.

Quick Reply: ***URGENT*** Please read!! Need replies, comments concerns!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.