Notices

Shogren/Baja

Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Seriously...you think Fountain owners are not "common?" Gimme a break, dude! One of the greatest things I've found with 98% of offshore boat owners is that they are all, for the most part, "common men."

Good luck to Scott.
I think what he meant was, that most of the powerboaters we know are common guys, not multimillionairs like a handful of people that can drop a million on a boat and not have it effect their lifestyle.

And good luck to Scott, Kelly and Team Shogren.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
yES I KNOW HIGH END CUSTOM BOATS LIKE OUTERLIMITS PAINTS THERE BOATS, but a painted boat you can only buff so many times until you run out of paint.
I would take paint over gel coat any day

a good painted boat with clear coat on it will need less buffing than a gel coat boat less often and will be able to shine longer than a gel coated boat they dull down and are difficult to bring back to life for any length of time

If i went out and bought a new sea ray i would first have it shipped to a painter to clear coat it so it looked better
longer

Sorry Artie No contest with durability of a in the gel paint versus a clear coated custom paint job
Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=sommerfliesby;2643604]Seriously...you think Fountain owners are not "common?" Gimme a break, dude! One of the greatest things I've found with 98% of offshore boat owners is that they are all, for the most part, "common men."

Not U, U R a Perv!!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme

a good painted boat with clear coat on it will need less buffing than a gel coat boat less often and will be able to shine longer than a gel coated boat they dull down and are difficult to bring back to life for any length of time

If i went out and bought a new sea ray i would first have it shipped to a painter to clear coat it so it looked better
longer

Sorry Artie No contest with durability of a in the gel paint versus a clear coated custom paint job
Yes the custom 50,000 paint job looks nice for 5 years or 6, I posted pics of my boat 2yrs ago and the gel looks great after 18yrs, at the marina where a friend paints they get 250 ft for algrip and a lot of new boats come in and get it its good for 10yrs no wax but a solid color and special booth to paint in. I am thinking of painting mine cause its been 20yrs with the same color and I plan on keeping it for another 5 it looks, going to a 572 1000hp this winter and keeping the 509 670hp motor as back up. So yes a 50,000 dollar paint job looks nicer than a gel but factory paint no extra charge is chit, to in the color gel!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Registered

longer

I wouldn't have guessed that. Mine is 8 years old and still looks brand new but I guess it is how you take care of it. I just figured that the "in gel" graphics wouldn't fade as easy as paint. What about a little scratch that you would get in the boat? Isn't it easier to mix a little gel with the right color to fix rather then painting it.

Good luck Shogren! Glad to see a fine dealership take on the Baja line
Old 08-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by danh63
I wouldn't have guessed that. Mine is 8 years old and still looks brand new but I guess it is how you take care of it. I just figured that the "in gel" graphics wouldn't fade as easy as paint. What about a little scratch that you would get in the boat? Isn't it easier to mix a little gel with the right color to fix rather then painting it.

Good luck Shogren! Glad to see a fine dealership take on the Baja line
He is talking 50,000 and up custom paintverus factory paint and gel fixing the gel is simple, I have seen 5yr old OLs with custom paint and looked like chit not all but was at the factory a few times saw boats getting new paint from new owners old paint stratched up and fading. but put a a wheel tomy red gel and it looks good to go for the yrafter 20yrs now.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Registered

our Donzi is 18 years old and has the color in the gel
we keep it looking great but is much more work than it was to keep my Black Thunder paint looking good ($15,000 Paint job )

Both work, just a matter of how you take care of em

White gel with some clear would be much easier to take care of on a big boat in my opinion

But what do i know i been married 4 times, I am just not right

Good luck to the shogren gang
Old 08-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered

our Donzi is 18 years old and has the color in the gel
we keep it looking great but is much more work than it was to keep my Black Thunder paint looking good ($15,000 Paint job )

Both work, just a matter of how you take care of em

White gel with some clear would be much easier to take care of on a big boat in my opinion

But what do i know i been married 4 times, I am just not right

Good luck to the shogren gang
wow 4 times yeah like I said if I have some cash this winter I might paint it to make it look newer
Old 08-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Arrow Grand Sport Center

Grand Sport Center, Inc has represented the Baja brand for over 35 years, and have won numerous awards for sales and CSI achievements. We are saddened to see the Baja line go; as some of you may know, this was a corporate decision by Fountain. We wish the Shogren team the best with their new line.

We will continue our tradition of full service, parts and sales at our 2 locations, along with stepping up our inventory of Donzi and Cigarette, along with our preowned and consignment selctions.

Regards,
Team GSC

View us online at: www.GrandSportCenter.com
Old 08-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

I have had many dealings with Grand Sport over the years. Mark and his crew are good people as is Scott and crew at Shogren.
Both have great reputations in the boat community

This kind of thing is tough no matter how you slice it

Last edited by boatme; 08-04-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Shogren/Baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.