Need advice taking action against a bad engine builder

Notices

Need advice taking action against a bad engine builder

Old 08-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Raylar
Sorry for your trouble and loss !

Moral of this story again, take your marine high performance engines motors to proven, reputable, knowledgeable, with references MARINE HIGH PERFORMANCE ENGINE BUILDER !!!
These stories won't happen there!

Yeah to what Ray said!

Nick/Spaz, sorry about your friend's grief....haven't you and your buddy ever heard of Performance Engineering in Hudsonville/Jenison area right off Chicago Drive???---only 5 miles down the road from Zeeland and been in business for years. They are known for building small block Chevy's for circle track racing and are also known for their reputation for MARINE hi-perf engines...even BB Chevy's too! They are extremely competitive in their pricing. 669-5800. OR.... www.pereng.com

Also, I guess hind sight is always 20/20 eh? I don't know what the warantee is on a short block crate engine and MAYBE have put your friend in a better position---but even then, I have heard crate engines are a roll of the dice when installed in a marine environment because of the clearance specifications, etc, are not really built for marine use.

Last edited by KAAMA; 08-05-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah its a real shame. I guess the engine builder has now stopped answering the phone this week. Sure hope he gets even a little help with his situation.

KAMMA, not until a short while back did I know Performance built marine engines, I thought they were only Automotive. Next time I need some machine work performed, I'll check them out!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
Why waste the time to rebuild it when you can buy a new engine for less than it cost to rebuild it ? 350/325hp crate motor 3900.00 or cheaper if you shop around ! Cut your losses and run. Good luck !!!!!!!!!!
I agree 100%. For a small block, the crate motors are the way to go. Chalk it up to another lesson learned in the hobby that we call boating!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spazboz
To answer your ? boatme, yes this is a local engine builder! An engine builder that I wrote off a long time ago!
Then why did you let your friend use him???
Old 08-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Care to share who this is so no one else gets burned ???
Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Care to share who this is so no one else gets burned ???
Yes PLEASE do . That could only help some of us in this area.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Suing is a waste of time. Unless you're willing to lay out significant $$ up front and have the wherewithall to collect on the judgment, you're wasting your time.
He can take it to small claims and get 3k back without much time and effort. Thats the route i would take.....

Old 08-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve H is right. It is free to file and $3000 should cover a long block. No lawyers allowed and takes 20 minutes.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not free --still will cost you around $30 to $50 to file it (Depends on your state) and once you are awarded a judgment you still need to collect (Good Luck)
Our system is so screwed it should make the individual who is found to owe money to pay right away or place liens on his stuff until it is paid for

now days our legal system only exsist to perpetuate itself for lawyers and judges income it does very little to help solve and move on it is an ugly abyss of which is getting worse and worse over time
Old 08-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

If the engine has gone back as many times as Spaz says it has; then wouldn't anyone wonder how someone can stay in business with that poor of a sucess rate???---I mean, am I missing something here??? This sounds almost unrealistic....like a nightmare! That is unless it is a guy/shop that only builds bone stock street engines---and even then that still sounds like someone I would NOT take even my street/auto engine to!

Quick Reply: Need advice taking action against a bad engine builder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.