Best Built Trailers for the Best Price

Notices

Best Built Trailers for the Best Price

Old 08-02-2001, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Built Trailers for the Best Price

There's some good boat buys out there right now, but some I've looked at don't have trailers.
Just curious what you think is a good deal out there on trailers in the 30-32' V-bottom boat range. What features should one look for and works the best; i.e. torsion axle vs. springs, drum vs. disc brakes, surge vs. electric, aluminum vs. steel construction. Who builds the ones over-built like a tank at the best price? Not afraid to spend a little extra for quality!
Jim
Old 08-02-2001, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I have a Myco under a 38 Cigarette and it is awesome. They are expensive, but the trailer is made to fit each application. As far as options, that would depend on how much you want to spend and where it will be used (close to home or far away...salt water or fresh water). My trailer has leaf springs, but I understand that the torsion springs work well too. I have drum brakes (with flush kits), but may change to disc at a later date. I have an aluminum I-Beam trailer under a 28 Pantera and I love it because it is really easy to maintain. Polish it once or twice a year and it shines like chrome. My Myco is painted. It is more maitenance with the washing and waxing, but it looks great too. Overall, I would say to get a trailer that is built for your boat and not just some "erector set" that kinda fits. It may cost a little more at first, but it will pay off in the long run. Talk to the manufacturer about options and basically decide what you want and what you need then go from there. Good luck and happy shopping.
Old 02-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

just bought a 10,500#gvw triple axle aluminum trailer for a F311SR1 Formula. Free-backing surge brakes on 2 axles with flush kits. Torsion axles, stainless fasteners, galvanized rims.

Dang nice trailer. Pulls great, stops good. Fits boat perfectly. Has XHD 3000# jack solidly mounted in front of the winch post. 2-speed winch.

$3,600.00 FOB Tampa - Owens & Sons Aluminum Slide-on trailers (www.slide-on.com or www.slideon.com)

mike
Old 02-22-2002, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If you likk them painted and youre not in alot of salt water Id say Eagle trailers are the slickest ive seen. Perfect match to the boat Lots of bunk suppot,Welded rails{no rattles or bolt tightening} And Perfect paint to match the boat. Not cheap tho
Old 02-23-2002, 05:26 PM
Mack312

br is on the money. I have had Eagle trailers 2 out of five times and by far the best. He is last right on the salt water thing.

PS stay away from white. It does NOT hold up!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2002, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I thought this was read only....huh
Old 03-03-2002, 12:19 PM
cast

Talking trailers

call soth florida trailers thay have the best trailer in the ih the USA. WWW.SOUTH FLORIDA TRAILER .COM ASK FOR JAY 954-966-0580