Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Leagal questiion, RE" OSO add. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192874-leagal-questiion-re-oso-add.html)

PARADOX 08-08-2008 04:19 PM

Legal question, RE: OSO add.

One more OSO advertising BS.

Getting tired of this. Here is the add. >>
It is updated from "one set is labbed by mercury Racing" to this >>>
"2 sets of 30p 4 blade bravo props in perfect condition.both sets have been lazer measured . 700.00"

I bought the "labbed" set with a PO. Paid,, finally get them shipped. Once arrived they are not "labbed", standard Bravos.. with some grinding on the edges to remove some knicks, I assume, and still knicked a fwe places. False advertising and a scham. (I hate to see this in the boating world, or any other venture.)
If I want to take this guy to small claims, for "breach of contract. etc. " (it's not the $ part) but I'm getting tired with the Marine business and their BS.
The props were out of state.. The transaction is over 2 states. Florida PO and check. Do I file in Florida? or at the origination of the "goods"?? This guy won't even return my calls or "make the situation right". It's in the OSO add.
BEWARE. If it's looks like a duck, walks like a duck IT IS A PHUKING DUCK.:mad:

fantastixvoyage 08-08-2008 04:22 PM

Assume this is an individual not a business?

29Firefox 08-08-2008 04:37 PM

Go Fed

If you did the deal through the postal system go file a complaint with the post office. The postmaster general has a big hardon for lowlifes that use his postal system to rip people off. If you can, use postal money orders to pay questionable vendors and mail the money order with delivery confirmation. Also if you can, get them to ship your stuff via the mail. Post office is the FEDs! They have more juice than any local government. If the post office makes a determination that its postal fraud and it's interstate. The FBI will be giving old boy a house call.:drink:

PARADOX 08-08-2008 04:51 PM

Thanks 29... But.. it was shipped via UPS and I paid with a credit card. The Credit card co. already debited the amount. It was an individual but he has a company that "dabbles" in marine motors or something. It's just a shame that some people are so dis-honest.
The OSO add was changed after I left a message.
new add,,.. it dosn's say "labbed" anymore..
>> http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o24907-en.html

Kinda gets me mad. It's an expensive "spare" prop issue.
And that's the big thing here. Most of the scum bags know that for a few hundred or tho. it's not worth getting into legal issues. But I been phucked by Cobra, the boat builder, (Avanti.. luckly I could fix most things but it cost me more $) and now this chit head. I'm just tired of it and I have the $ to get after them so I want to and will. Enough is enough..

axapowell 08-08-2008 04:58 PM

I would "OUT" him on the Beware and Stolen section....I would not put up with the chit either!

Dave

t500hps 08-08-2008 05:14 PM

Was this the ad with 2 sets of props.....one labbed and one not....$500 for one, $700 for the other??? (I emailed about that set, glad I didn't get it!! :), and turns out 30's are too small anyway)

PARADOX 08-08-2008 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2648740)
Was this the ad with 2 sets of props.....one labbed and one not....$500 for one, $700 for the other??? (I emailed about that set, glad I didn't get it!! :), and turns out 30's are too small anyway)

Yes.. that was the add. I bought the "labbed" set... so I thought. You got lucky.. The dude is lucky his out of state.
He would find his "labbed" props through his windows in Fla. and I even pay for his windows. :evilb:

Semper Fi 08-08-2008 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 29Firefox (Post 2648715)
If you did the deal through the postal system go file a complaint with the post office. The postmaster general has a big hardon for lowlifes that use his postal system to rip people off. If you can, use postal money orders to pay questionable vendors and mail the money order with delivery confirmation. Also if you can, get them to ship your stuff via the mail. Post office is the FEDs! They have more juice than any local government. If the post office makes a determination that its postal fraud and it's interstate. The FBI will be giving old boy a house call.:drink:

NOT necessarily true......some of you may remember that 1 year ago I was buying a 33 Powerplay from OSO member Trader1-He's a trustworthy guy. The boat needed a few small repairs and I was given the name of another OSO member, GOODT (scumbag) He took my $2,200 and never really fixed the boat at all. He kept stalling and since I live in California- I couldn't just drive there and pay him a visit.

The scumbag (GOODT) sent me a check via U.S. Mail for $1,600 that was a BAD CHECK. The postal service couldn't help me. Long story short- I had to go to Maryland (where scumbag GOODT lives) and file a small claims court to get my money back. I never did, since I wouln't be able to get re-imbursed for my airfare, hotel, etc..... If he pulled that crap here in California, they have a fraud division that would have arrested him and put him in jail.

Then I started calling his work everyday to try to get hiom on the phone and they had a Maryland State Trooper call me to tell me that I was harrassing this guy. he will know the true meaning of the word someday :)--oh yeah, F*CK YOU Maryland!!!!!!!!!!!!

PARADOX 08-08-2008 06:37 PM

I know what you mean Semper Fi
Ready for this?? I’ll give the short version.;
June, 2007. 50th birthday. going back to Chicago and LOTO for 50th BD celebration and 4th of July.
Find out that I have an incurable illness.. After seeing all the performance boats for sale at LOTO, I decide to get one. Find one in PA.. Send deposit. Fly up to see it, and test it. Boat has some motor problems. Seller never informs me. Fixed a few days later but no test drive.
Delivered in mid August. Destin Poker run…. One motor has some problems. fuel pump issue, and some steering issue. Soon fixed. Things are good. Ready for KW Poker Run in Nov. Purchased 2 new tires for trailer. On the way to KW. new (rear) tire blew, trailer/car flipped, boat totaled. Carlisle tire co. said .. to bad… road hazard, they won’t do anything… (remember, rear, new tire blew) lawyer say to costly to go after Carlisle tire co. I’m SOL. Find new boat. Same as before Avanti. Partially done not finished. Come terms with Avanti owner/builder and have contract made. Dennis Freedman, (builder/former Avanti co. owner, < total a$$hole>) defaults on contract. After months and months of aggravation and excuses for not having parts etc.. etc.. and bunch of BS., delivers boat 3 months late with some problems. He holds the boat hostage until I pay for it full. I had to.
Can’t provide motors and drives as per contract so I have to buy them. I buy them from Cobra. Cobra screws me for about 2-3 grand.
Boat problems (luckily nothing major) is fixed. Rogging, and new motors/drives installed by Lightning Bay Marine for 3+- grand more then we were thinking. After lots of headaches boat runs great. Love it. Jax. PR great times. Great photos and vids. Sarasota run. Great run. Last out of the docks.. 6 or 7th at lunch. Awesome ride, happy with boat and power. Glad to have a unique and well performing boat finally.
Going to Destin next week, and under the knife a week after. Offshore and heavy duty boating may be over for me. After all the BS and headaches I might have to sell her, :( now that I have her running just great. Ever think you been born under the wrong sign? And yess I am pissed with these props. I HAD ENOUGH!!!

Skullkrusher 08-09-2008 06:14 AM

Paradox,
I could feel your pain right up until you got to Lightning Bay. I've been going there almost 10 years and they have done me right every time.