National Champion ...legit? >

National Champion ...legit?

Notices

National Champion ...legit?

Old 08-14-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
YES MIKE!!! WE KNOW!!!, you helped write the original OutLaw P-Class Rules for APBA. & they were called OutLaw because BAJA helped sponsor the series.
Helped? It was my idea and I wrote the whole process. I bounced ideas off Steve Miklos and Kent Perroux sent it to Allweiss and it was adopted word for word. However I have heard through recent conversations that some others in racing are taking credit for P-Class.

However my point is people do not remember the intent of P Class as a feeder class into the big leagues. This is one big huge reason the sport is not growing.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Mike I KNOW you did the P class .....BUT the Local classes had been around for a long time. It was alway a staple event at Sarasota for along time and many other sites too. Back then it was a feeder class for pleasure boats. Now indays people build boat specificlly for the P classes. The local classes also ran the same premise as YOUR P classes did. Not all events ran local back then so P class was a good thing to do at EVERY event to boost numbers......OK I'm out off to Orange Beach to go RACING!!!!!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

W O W, you guy's just crushed me. Because of the way you think does this mean my National, World and Induction into The APBA/UIM Hall of Champions in 2005 is null and void? Oh Well. And all this time I thought Smitty and I and the rest of the hard working people who help us were doing something good for the boat racing community with OPA and The Jersey Boyz. That's what I get for thinking. Smitty, we Fuc$ed up! Lots of good, legit questions, good answers and some $ucked up but all legit. I don't have any answers, I just know OPA and The Jersey Boyz have a couple of boats racing...Nothing More. I remember the old days, my Uncle Val was one of the mechanics on The Crazy Greek which ran outta Toms River, NJ and who just got back into racing last year, John B. It was great then and I feel it's great now...just my opinon. And for the guy's questioning Rich (TX2) , although I do not agree with him 100% on some issues I have 100% respect for him and his knowledge of Offshore Racing. Rich has been around Offshore Racing and competed longer that dirt, and he'll give you an answer to any question concerning Offshore Racing rules, and laws from yesterday and today. People, cut us a break...Please, we're trying! And I think we have done a pretty good job. Some have "NO IDEA" what goes into putting on an event less alone how much comes out of our pockets, Smitty, Louie The Rigger, Evil Ed Smith, Myself. Someone once said, don't comdem until you've walked in our shoes. I think OPA and The Jersey Boyz will be around for a while so enjoy or not, your choice! Augie

Last edited by AugiePensa; 08-14-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Mike I KNOW you did the P class .....BUT the Local classes had been around for a long time. It was alway a staple event at Sarasota for along time and many other sites too. Back then it was a feeder class for pleasure boats. Now indays people build boat specificlly for the P classes. The local classes also ran the same premise as YOUR P classes did. Not all events ran local back then so P class was a good thing to do at EVERY event to boost numbers......OK I'm out off to Orange Beach to go RACING!!!!!
Ryan, you can not compare the old Local club run classes to P Class as I wrote the rules and came up with the class or even what P Class has become now. P Class is at least somewhat organized with actual written down rules. Local class was total chaos with no written rules.

In the old Local classes guys would show up in anything and LIE about there speed. the club running the Local Class could care less because they wanted there buddy to get his trophey and be happy with the club. The club did not want to make these guys mad because the boat clubs needed these members to renew there membership. Local class was a total croc and scam.

I ran a honest 65mph boat against boats that would walk..no wait... run away from me. P- Class was brought about to try and even the playing field but mostly to feed the Factory and Super Series classes. There were provisions in the rules put in to take care of boats with for example 700hp trying to run in P5 class but are propped and geared down. I checked out P Class a year or 2 ago and there are 38' boats with big blocks capable of 85-90mph running in P5 and P4! WTF!!!

Those rules never were enforced after 2001 season and P Class has turned into competition for the upper classes now. Is this what the current racing sancationing bodies really want?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I would love to be a cheerleader, but how would you do that at a football game where only one team shows up?T2x
The rule is already in force, team doesn't show the other team wins. It's called a forfeit.

I never heard any boat team bragging about winning when there were no other boats. Maybe yes, if they broke their own speed record, did their personal best or just stayed together.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:38 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
And for the guy's questioning Rich (TX2) , although I do not agree with him 100% on some issues I have 100% respect for him and his knowledge of Offshore Racing. Rich has been around Offshore Racing and competed longer that dirt, and he'll give you an answer to any question concerning Offshore Racing rules, and laws from yesterday and today. People, cut us a break...Please, we're trying! And I think we have done a pretty good job. Some have "NO IDEA" what goes into putting on an event less alone how much comes out of our pockets, Smitty, Louie The Rigger, Evil Ed Smith, Myself. Someone once said, don't comdem until you've walked in our shoes. I think OPA and The Jersey Boyz will be around for a while so enjoy or not, your choice! Augie
Thank you Augie......... As you know I have been boosting the Jersey BoyZ from the start.......

I respect your efforts and the comraderie and enthusiasm you have managed to create....... For the record we agree on that.

We obviously disagree on the bracket racing concept.

It was great seeing you over the weekend and I hope your various injuries all heal up well over the winter.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 08-25-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dangerkitty2
I never heard any boat team bragging about winning when there were no other boats. Maybe yes, if they broke their own speed record, did their personal best or just stayed together.
Let me understand you clearly.

It's okay to brag about "winning" when there are no other boats in your class if:

1. You break your own speed record........or

2. You did your "personal best".......or

3. You "just" stayed together.....

This is hopeless.

T2x
Old 08-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
Let me understand you clearly.

It's okay to brag about "winning" when there are no other boats in your class if:

1. You break your own speed record........or

2. You did your "personal best".......or

3. You "just" stayed together.....

This is hopeless.

T2x
T2x as you have stated you don't agree with bracket racing. Here is another reason for you.

Dangerkitty, Is there a difference between bragging and applying letters on the boat?
Old 08-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you win, and there is nobody to hear it.........................
Old 08-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Is there a difference between bragging and applying letters on the boat?

<----Raising his hand I KNOW THIS ONE

OH oH I know this one

One is coming from your own mouth and the other is coming from the sticker guy you paid to say it for you LOL

Just a joke guys dont go all NASCAR on Me

Quick Reply: National Champion ...legit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.