National Champion ...legit? >

National Champion ...legit?

Notices

National Champion ...legit?

Old 08-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rich

Do you think puting things back in the APBA's hands would help ??
Old 08-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the opinion TX2....
Old 08-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Jim...thats what I was posting about....guys like Daredevil are in P-Class and he is the only one in his class...so YES...they are talking about taking away a title from P-Class
So why doesnt HE move up to a class where there is competion? If you want to win a hollow title where you were the only one competing for it go for it just do expect to get alot of respect from the racers who accually had to race other boats and run every race to get theirs. hell you dont even need to complete all the laps just run one lap put the boat back on trailer and go home go to the next race if noone shows do it again!.....Sounds like alot of fun!!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:01 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Rich

I have always thought that the racers should all get together during an off season....... choose one organization by majority vote....and abandon the rest....forever. I don't care which one...but one only.

This get's rid of a bunch of overhead in the form of multiple chief referees, presidents, scorers, safety teams, and PR hangers on. That will allow all of the budgets to be combined and be used for the absolute best Safety team, Directors, inspector, referee, and administrative marketing people. Then through a "benevolent despot" approach....classes should be reduced to the absolute minimum....... period.

The rest will follow suit in a MUCH simpler world.

just my .02.....

T2x
Old 08-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Registered

Big Dady...well I can't speak for other teams....but for one if his boat is in P4 and he can only run 82 mph....moving to P-3 against boats that are 8 feet longer and have more then 500 hp more then him not to mention they are 10 mph faster....that may be one of the reasons....plus again there are 8 teams registerd in P-4 in SBI/APBA...you get 1 move to go to a bigger class in a year...so even if he did move up and now another one of the 8 registers shows up now what...and what happends for the Worlds in P-4 were 7 -9 teams show up dose he move back down again....when you show up to a race you just don't know who is coming....

The bottom line is if he wins a National Tilte and he picks up some sponsors or his current sponsors are happy with what he's doing....and he can continue to race....thats a plus in this sport....

Like some of the guys said on here that have been around this sport forever....they already think the sport is going south. So to me.. pulling titles will not bring it back....there are 4 Orgs in the country with maybe 16 + class's....

Last edited by MANITIE; 08-26-2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered

Like some of the guys said on here that have been around this sport forever....they already think the sport is going south. So to me.. pulling titles will not bring it back....there are 4 Orgs in the country with maybe 16 + class's....[/QUOTE]

You said it brother 16+ classes .In my opinion thats about 11 to many . You might as well just keep adding more "P" classes add like 10 more all the way down to somthing like P15 so the guys with the Bayliners can join in or anyone under 25mph. I think the time has come to consolodate classes and add more racers to less classes build competion and focus on building the sport and building a larger fan base which will bring more sponsorship and coverage!
Old 08-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Registered

Well....there will be no more P-Class's added....so 6 class's in a National Series is pretty good....there are over 65 P-class teams register in the U.S. for 2008
Old 08-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

Only recognized Class By UIM, OSS and SBI/APBA is Stock OutBoard.
These boats are capable of up to 120MPH, and should hold their resale value well due to world wide racing!
Old 08-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered

And they are popular and its a good class of racing....I hope it catches on and is big as in Europe....20+ boats....
Old 08-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Rich

SBI is APBA Offshore,so the answer is probably not

Quick Reply: National Champion ...legit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.