Best rough water boat ever built?????

Notices

Best rough water boat ever built?????

Old 09-07-2008, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
1 to 2 ft chop is small water, an Apache would never catch Gino in that. 6 ft plus is where they do what they do.
They still look good in it though!
http://media.putfile.com/Sacred-Ground-68
it wasn't as gentle as everyone thinks on the run, there were more than a few times that every boat was surprised by rollers, you can see the pics of Kevin in the laveycraft, and I'm sure Gino will even admit to looking skyward a few times. Once across the gulf stream it was much rougher and rolling. great running water for both, but sneaky water. I stand by the statement they would give a run for the money....Maybe next year someone will step up with one, maybe the original warpath will be entered for the sake of it...

maybe Carl and Krista will run it next year ...
Old 09-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
One, I was kidding him about his examples.
Two Some azzhole named Mike Vorce f*cked up ever getting a 47 Saber to run against Ruthless but thats another story. I still believe what I said and I watched Kemosabe get to Beaver Island way ahead of everyone else in some rough water this summer in Boyne Thunder but racing has clearly proved over the years that cats are tough to beat. NK
Kemosabe is "Lord of the waves"
Old 09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Voodoocanoe
Kemosabe is "Lord of the waves"
I hope T2x doesn't read that!
LOL!
Old 09-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 3,016 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
Of all the boats that compeeted in P1 i Europe, the Fountain outran everything, and the seas were sometimes rougher than what I have seen in Key West when I was there.

I vote for Fountain. I have not heared about Fountains that fell apart to this day...
Now that's funny....

Fountains known for being fast. Not known for riding the best in rough water, even if Reggie says so.

You're talkiing about a purpose built 1 off Fountain (that doesn't even look like a Fountain) compared to stock boats (Cig. Apache, Skater, etc) that others are talking about.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:26 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I hope T2x doesn't read that!
LOL!
Me too!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't speak for all the Apache people as to why they did not enter that race.

But my guess would be they knew it would not be a true rough water race, as that is the time of the year when those waters are calm.

But, if that makes you feel they are afraid of the cats in rough Open Ocean conditions.... Ok.

LOL, nice. I'm SOOO glad no one actually tried to use that "excuse" for not showing up at the race with an Apache. "I'm not going because it's not going to be a TRUE rough water race". LOL, that's just absurd.

I am not the one who suggested or said ANYONE was scared of anything, Apache or not. That was someone elses comment that you pinned on me. It was a great venue to see how the "talk" matched up with the "walk". I guess if it's not a Category 5 hurricane, it's not a "true rough water venue" worthy of an Apache to attend? I'm just curious, but are you really being serious with that assumption?

There are PLENTY of big Apaches and deep vee's with owners that can easily afford to have ran the race. It wasn't anymore expensive than a big poker run that we see Apache's attend all the time. Any Apache that would have had any chance at all (Kemo, Geronimo, etc), has an owner with the means to run this race. I can fully understand the logistics and personal schedule may have not lined up, but the water not being rough enough is hysterical.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BLee
LOL, nice. I'm SOOO glad no one actually tried to use that "excuse" for not showing up at the race with an Apache. "I'm not going because it's not going to be a TRUE rough water race". LOL, that's just absurd.

I am not the one who suggested or said ANYONE was scared of anything, Apache or not. That was someone elses comment that you pinned on me. It was a great venue to see how the "talk" matched up with the "walk". I guess if it's not a Category 5 hurricane, it's not a "true rough water venue" worthy of an Apache to attend? I'm just curious, but are you really being serious with that assumption?

There are PLENTY of big Apaches and deep vee's with owners that can easily afford to have ran the race. It wasn't anymore expensive than a big poker run that we see Apache's attend all the time. Any Apache that would have had any chance at all (Kemo, Geronimo, etc), has an owner with the means to run this race. I can fully understand the logistics and personal schedule may have not lined up, but the water not being rough enough is hysterical.
Brandon
If you have something to prove in rough water against the best Apache (Nykamp says that would be Kemosabe) then have at it. If you don't then the hell with it.
If you want to know why a particular Apache did not attend, then ask the owner.
Ed

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 09-08-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by T2x
Me too!
LOL!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey... is this the "best" rough water boat thread or "fastest?"

I would think "best" would include things like ride, attitude to the water when aired out, softness of landing, how bad the boat and you get beat up, etc.

I wouldn't think it would be first boat at a card stop. That would be "fastest."
Old 09-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brandon
If you have something to prove in rough water against the best Apache (Nykamp says that would be Kemosabe) then have at it. If you don't then the hell with it.
If you want to know why a particular Apache did not attend, then ask the owner.
Ed
No Ed, I'm not trying to piss you off or call anyone out at all. I just want to see them out on the water instead of continually being talked about like they're the greatest human feat of engineering since the Hoover Dam. Everyone for YEARS complained that racing was for the weak these days, and there was no "real" offshore race. Well, some guys put one together and not ONE Apache got in on the fun??

I have nothing but love for them, but the only video's we ever get to see are ancient. As an Apache fan it would be fun to see some newer footage of the ones that have been updated mechanically to today's technology.

The Fountain guys catch ten times as much hell as the Apache guys. NOBODY gets more offended than the tribe though and their boats are loved by most!

Quick Reply: Best rough water boat ever built?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.