Best rough water boat ever built?????

Notices

Best rough water boat ever built?????

Old 12-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
But neither is a boat with a 1 on the side!! So when you trading that Glad in??
When you finish the new 36 so I can check it out. Any updates?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

I haven't looked through all 49 pages of this thread, but "Tweet Revenge" many years ago went to Ocean City Maryland for a race on a rough day and smoked the fleet. Hard to compare a straight V of 20 years ago to today's technology, but that was impressive. The link is not the race but shows the boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo5qA1icXgQ

But I really think that the 46' Skater would be probably the best rough boat, my $.02 observation for the day. As Byrdman once said to me in a thread, "the 46' Skater is the most vicious boat off alltime."

Last edited by Smarty; 12-26-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
But I really think that the 46' Skater would be probably the best rough boat, my $.02 observation for the day. As Byrdman once said to me in a thread, "the 46' Skater is the most vicious boat off alltime."
Hey Smarty your pretty smart
Old 12-26-2010, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Here are Byrman's exact words, "Originally Posted by Byrdman
There is NO competition for a 46.....not even a junk mti.....46 skaters are the most vicious offshore machines of all times........Here is a picture of Baby Goddess that went to south america to run up the amazon....I should have bought this boat....what a sweetie.... "

Low and behold he ended up buying Goddess and has another 46' Skater as a pleasure boat. Prophetic words, from way back when. But I will always have a special place in my heart for some of the Apaches such as "Warpath", Apache Heritage", and "Tweet Revenge."
Old 12-26-2010, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Hey Smarty your pretty smart
Thank you, compliment accepted.

Stephen "Smarty" Jones
Old 12-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
Thank you, compliment accepted.

Stephen "Smarty" Jones
46 Skater is King ...btw your boat is gorgeous!
Old 12-26-2010, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

46 Skater is King ...btw your boat is gorgeous!
Thank you again, the Phantom was a trailer queen last summer. This summer I hope to be out more often. I have been very busy with more criminal clients, and my law practice is picking up, so hopefully if accounts receivable(s) is OK, I can go boating, afford fuel, the ramp, and the repairs if required, but the Phantom is pretty dialed in right now, with all new everything. I look forward to the summer.

Last edited by Smarty; 12-26-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-26-2010, 10:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
The new Pantera 41' built for Ocean Dragon racing team did NOT have "catastrophic" damage done to it. It did not break apart and sink.

As a matter of fact we are very proud of the entire team on what they accomplished at the Cowes race weekend back in early September. They took a very impressive 2nd place "overall" on Friday's Cowes 100 race only to Fabio Buzzi in his 4 engine 46' foot diesel powered race boat with twice the horsepower and a much heavier boat.

On Sunday the team went out in brutal sea conditions in the Cowes-Torquay-Cowes race and were in the front again to the half way point battling with Buzzi when drive damage occured to the # 6 drives and 5 blade props and the team had to call it quits. Remember this Pantera 41' is only powered by twin 525 EFI Mercs. In a field of over 30 boats including many legendary rough water boats with much more horsepower the Pantera was way out front giving a strong challenge to Buzzi.

By the way this was not the first event for this boat. We actually went to the sardinia, Italy G.P.S. event.

We have offered the team to repair secondary lamination as needed here at our factory but with the long distance between England and the U.S. it is a challenge.Either way it could be repaired here in the U.S. or in England.

The good thing about fiberglass it is all repairable.These things happen when you are taking the equipment to the extreme and really going for it like this team did !!!!

Most of the top custom powerboat manufactures have experienced some type of lamination failure in racing.That is just part of it.

Hopefully they will be out racing again this 2011 season.

Jo - Pantera Boats
Well put, keep at it and I really like your statement, it does not cast aspersions amongst your boat building competitors as a prior post did against your company in this thread. First class informative answer, keep building great boats.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks !

Regards,

JO
Old 12-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think so yes lol
I love watching Team Apache and the other big heavy Apaches out on the racecourse stomping down the water and humbling bigger boats in 4-8s and bigger seas. Not many Vs can run with them in big water even now.

Quick Reply: Best rough water boat ever built?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.