Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man
Might have to wait and see!!!!
I hate secrets!
Old 08-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man
maybe an early XMass present to myself!!!
Addicted to that speed thing already? It would be nice to see a pair of Merc 1075's sitting in Wesseldyk's shop for rebuild....not sure if those little Konrads could handle that kind of power though. Might as well throw some Merc SSM#6 drives on your boat too while you're at it.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

If running I'd give 50K for both, then 55K for merc refresh = 105K for good engnes. Otherwise 150K gets you two new ones.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see 55k for a refresh, thats sounds absurd. I'd say each one is worth at least 45 a piece ding to dong.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by StraightJacket
I don't see 55k for a refresh, thats sounds absurd. I'd say each one is worth at least 45 a piece ding to dong.
Alright I'll sell mine for that. Engines are 2006 and in boat running strong, not one drop of oil anywhere out of them, still run like a raped ape.

Then I would just drop the coin for new ones.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by StraightJacket
I don't see 55k for a refresh, thats sounds absurd.
It is absurd, but that is what Merc gets to rebuild them. Just over 25k each, plus shipping back and forth.
Eddie
Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Talk to Ron Potter.
For less than 100K you will have two brand new motors over 1000hp each with warranties that will be far superior and last much longer. He could rebuild each motor twice for less than what Merc gets to do one.

Just a thought.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 AM
NorTechNorth.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Merc refresh is actually $22,810 RETAIL . I cut my clients a better deal than that. You get all that is detailed below. We build engines and I can't do what they do for less money. I send them all to Merc rather than do it here AND they give a warranty. Mercury's program is WAY better than the naysayers let on.

Mercury Racing Celebrates Big Block Sterndrive Refresh Anniversary

FOND DU LAC, Wis., Nov. 30, 2007 – Mercury Racing is celebrating the one-year anniversary of the “Factory Fresh” engine refresh service for 850 SCi, 1075 SCi and 1200 SCi sterndrive engine packages.

The factory-direct service, based at Mercury Racing’s world headquarters in Fond du Lac, Wis., features complete inspection and refresh of the engine – from the bare cylinder block through a final power run on a dynamometer.

The refresh service center is strategically located in Mercury Racing’s 4-Cycle Race Shop and staffed by the same technicians who built the engine originally. Mercury Racing technicians work their magic, taking the engine down to the bare cylinder block. In addition to the block, the crankshaft and all other rotating components are washed and magnafluxed to ensure metallurgy integrity. After the long-block assembly has been refreshed, it goes through Mercury Racing’s electrostatic, high-solid, polyurethane paint process to bring it back to like-new condition.

Replaced rotating components include the camshaft, pistons, rings and connecting rod bolts. Cylinder head re-work includes the replacement of intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, retainers, valve seals, valve locks, rocker arms and lifters. Superchargers are inspected and updated with new snout bearings and seals. The refresh process includes the replacement of high-tension leads and a set of spark plugs, oil and fuel filters, all belts, special head gaskets, seals, hoses, impeller, and other miscellaneous hardware.

850 SCi/1075 SCi/1200 SCi Refresh Service Parts Kit Contents:
• (1) Set valve springs
• (1) Set valve locks
• (1) Super charger snout kit (bearings & seals)
• (1) Set retainers
• (1) Set valve seals
• (1) Set lifters
• (1) Set cylinder head gaskets
• (1) Oil and fuel filters
• (1) Set spark plugs
• (1) Sea pump – impeller kit
• (1) Set exhaust valves
• (1) Set intake valves
• (1) Set rocker arms
• (1) Set pistons and rings
• (1) Set rod bolts
• (1) Camshaft
• (1) Set belts
• (1) Set high tension leads
• (1) Special shipping crate
• Miscellaneous gaskets, seals, hoses, hardware

Retail price for the refresh of one engine is $22,810. The fee covers labor and replacement of parts included in the standard refresh kit. Additional fees apply for labor and parts which are above and beyond the standard refresh.

Replacement parts used in the refresh carry the same warranty the engines are sold with – 180-days for the 850 SCi, 90-days for the 1075 SCi and no warranty for the 1200 SCi. Refresh work is backed by a 30-day labor warranty

Factory Fresh is just another point of differentiation Mercury Racing has versus its competitors. No one can match Mercury Racing’s dealer and service network.

Owners are encouraged to direct their engine refresh service to qualified 1075 SCi/850 SCi Total Engine Application Management (T.E.A.M.)-accredited OEM boat builders and dealers.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for everyones input....i was really interested as to how marketable they would be to sell. So if you were to fire sale them just to unload quick i wonder what you could get and or if they would move fast. Obviously price is the main factor here but what's a reasonable price..is it $25k per...$35per etc.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double R Performance
Merc refresh is actually $22,810 RETAIL . I cut my clients a better deal than that. You get all that is detailed below. We build engines and I can't do what they do for less money. I send them all to Merc rather than do it here AND they give a warranty. Mercury's program is WAY better than the naysayers let on.

Mercury Racing Celebrates Big Block Sterndrive Refresh Anniversary

FOND DU LAC, Wis., Nov. 30, 2007 – Mercury Racing is celebrating the one-year anniversary of the “Factory Fresh” engine refresh service for 850 SCi, 1075 SCi and 1200 SCi sterndrive engine packages.

The factory-direct service, based at Mercury Racing’s world headquarters in Fond du Lac, Wis., features complete inspection and refresh of the engine – from the bare cylinder block through a final power run on a dynamometer.

The refresh service center is strategically located in Mercury Racing’s 4-Cycle Race Shop and staffed by the same technicians who built the engine originally. Mercury Racing technicians work their magic, taking the engine down to the bare cylinder block. In addition to the block, the crankshaft and all other rotating components are washed and magnafluxed to ensure metallurgy integrity. After the long-block assembly has been refreshed, it goes through Mercury Racing’s electrostatic, high-solid, polyurethane paint process to bring it back to like-new condition.

Replaced rotating components include the camshaft, pistons, rings and connecting rod bolts. Cylinder head re-work includes the replacement of intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, retainers, valve seals, valve locks, rocker arms and lifters. Superchargers are inspected and updated with new snout bearings and seals. The refresh process includes the replacement of high-tension leads and a set of spark plugs, oil and fuel filters, all belts, special head gaskets, seals, hoses, impeller, and other miscellaneous hardware.

850 SCi/1075 SCi/1200 SCi Refresh Service Parts Kit Contents:
• (1) Set valve springs
• (1) Set valve locks
• (1) Super charger snout kit (bearings & seals)
• (1) Set retainers
• (1) Set valve seals
• (1) Set lifters
• (1) Set cylinder head gaskets
• (1) Oil and fuel filters
• (1) Set spark plugs
• (1) Sea pump – impeller kit
• (1) Set exhaust valves
• (1) Set intake valves
• (1) Set rocker arms
• (1) Set pistons and rings
• (1) Set rod bolts
• (1) Camshaft
• (1) Set belts
• (1) Set high tension leads
• (1) Special shipping crate
• Miscellaneous gaskets, seals, hoses, hardware

Retail price for the refresh of one engine is $22,810. The fee covers labor and replacement of parts included in the standard refresh kit. Additional fees apply for labor and parts which are above and beyond the standard refresh.

Replacement parts used in the refresh carry the same warranty the engines are sold with – 180-days for the 850 SCi, 90-days for the 1075 SCi and no warranty for the 1200 SCi. Refresh work is backed by a 30-day labor warranty

Factory Fresh is just another point of differentiation Mercury Racing has versus its competitors. No one can match Mercury Racing’s dealer and service network.

Owners are encouraged to direct their engine refresh service to qualified 1075 SCi/850 SCi Total Engine Application Management (T.E.A.M.)-accredited OEM boat builders and dealers.

Well thats a nice break down but I still think its nuts, I have been to thier Facility and have seen that they only use the best stuff. And they have a state of the art set up , now I know how they got that way . I need to get a new job . You would think for 15k in labor the woulod do the r&r for you to .

P.S I'm not an idiot for those that might think so , I know what it cost to build good sh*t . Thats why I have an empty engine compartment ,
do it right or not at all.