Notices

Said goodbye to my 25 AT

Old 03-04-2002, 08:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I hear you buddy, I also wiped a tear for ya, but its only going to be another 3-4 weeks until you have one of the baddest machines out there, seriously when I was at the plant this week your boat looked flawless, and you know how anel I am, Pat and Steve along with all the riggers explained in great detail what their job requirements were and why they did what they did this way which they didnt do for other boat manuf. was way beyond what I expected. The amount of storage is unbelievable, its everywhere, and the hardware holding the storage doors are phenominal, its a 2 fold system so they can bond behind the bulkheads and get in there to do it right, even the fiberglass on the inside was smooth, the parts you dont see and will have carpeting in those storage areas, way beyond, I think Pat at ACTIVE THUNDER is even more anel then us, no one does that, enjoy your boat man, cause mines next, I cant wait. This is the best year of my life, of course next to my wife.

And FRED , I'm damn glad your back, we love you man, and your a walking encyclopedia of knowledge that this board needs, the board has gotten better over the last week, and there is only one way to go from here, thats up!!!!!
Old 03-04-2002, 09:15 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! Now that's what I call cuttin' the loss', jumpin' straight from 25 to 37....

Rick
Old 03-04-2002, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sydwayz-

It was an 98 AT. The boat looks great and I owned it for two years. It was a great boat for me and my family and we have some great memories on it.

It is a big jump from a 25 to a 37. I was looking at a 32 AT and knowing myself very well, determined that I would want bigger in a few years so I just accelerated my plan and went right into the 37. Now when I am ready to move up I will just whipple my 500 efi's and it will be like having a new boat again. I really wanted the additional room that the 37 had and the ride with the step bottom is amazing.
Old 03-04-2002, 11:29 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

No Doubt, No Doubt, No Doubt...

I am currently in a 26' boat, my first boat. I also wanted something that would not allow me to be bored right away, so I found one with an HP500EFI, a bit rare when it comes to Sonic 26'ers, and I have the Passport warranty. I know that if I pony up the money to go to the low 30' range Sonic, AT, or Cig, I will be disappointed, and fiancially locked in quickly, and will really want 6 more feet soon. I have decided to hold back any temptation to go to a low 30' range boat, even if I means waiting a couple seasons. My next boat will be one of 4 boats:
37 AVH AT
358 Sonic
386 Sonic
38 TG Cig
I am glad there are others out there with my thinking... Go Big, or Go home. Figuratively speaking TD, I hope to follow in your footsteps.
Old 03-04-2002, 11:59 AM
GRH

Mine was a 1982 Stoker SST.... It was our MODVP Race Boat.... there has never been anything like it since.... something about a boat that can be going 95mph in one direction.... drop your foot off the throttle .... crank the wheel as hard as you can.... stand on the throttle and be going the other way at 95mph in less then 5 seconds.... WHAT A RIDE.... You'll get over it.. Time tempers the pain.....