Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Would you put a 9'6" wide boat in a 10' slip? >

Would you put a 9'6" wide boat in a 10' slip?

Notices

Would you put a 9'6" wide boat in a 10' slip?

Old 08-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it comes to Cruisers , Beam is good on a boat but bad on a woman .
Old 08-18-2008, 09:07 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
Not a good idea. That only leaves two inches on each side. You need to tie it off so it doesn't hit the dock at all. Unless it is dead calm at all times with no wind, you won't be able to do it. Even then, you would have to constantly tend to the lines which stretch and weather.

Michael
I plan to upgrade lifts to accomodate it so it shouldnt ever be resting in the water in the slip. You are correct.....its not a good idea, but its all I have to work with if im to get a cruiser. Not many go-fasts with gen, AC, stand up headroom, and the ability to not stick too much past 30 ft.

Last edited by tblrklakemo; 08-18-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Steve_H

Ran into the same issue. 10' x 28' slip w/10k backin lift. Bought a 2870 Cruiser Inc. because it has a narrower beam then most cruisers. twin 350's with volvo drives. actually does pretty good on gas and runs 46 mph

Old 08-18-2008, 09:31 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Steve_H
Ran into the same issue. 10' x 28' slip w/10k backin lift. Bought a 2870 Cruiser Inc. because it has a narrower beam then most cruisers. twin 350's with volvo drives. actually does pretty good on gas and runs 46 mph

They dont make that boat anymore? Looks like the smallest cruisers is the 300 @ 10' wide.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Registered

Had a 31' Silverton. Beam was 10' 6" . Slipped it for a year in a slip where the inside of the poles was about 3" short of that. Due to the placement of the pilings, we'd squeeze the bow through the outer ones (about 10" pilings) and the boat would fit fine. It took a few experiments to get the lines right. Sat with the boat through the tide. We got it to work. The wide part sat between the front and back pilings. 1' on each side at the transom. Heck, if someone cut our lines, I bet it wouldn't get be able to drift out of the slip.
We weathered a storm where the waves were 2 1/2 to 3' high and came through it ok.
It wasn't the ideal situation, but we got lucky with the shape of the boat v the distance of the pilings. We found a wider slip next season, but could have made it work for a few more years if we couldn't find a bigger slip like we did.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Steve_H

oops. had a senior moment. my slip is 12', not 10'

carry on like i was never here.....

Old 08-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Banned

the absent minded professor....lol

how you been steve?
Old 08-18-2008, 09:48 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

chit.....was going to say that your boat looks to be 9'6" wide...and your doing what Im in question about. Table rock has the most WORTHLESS private boat slips in the country.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by long duck dong
the absent minded professor....lol

how you been steve?
im good except im growing hair where i never have before. i know TMI. gravity must be pushing my hair down thru the top of my head and out my ears, nose and back. got a new girlfriend and she is in the throws of metapause.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
chit.....was going to say that your boat looks to be 9'6" wide...and your doing what Im in question about. Table rock has the most WORTHLESS private boat slips in the country.
im going to measure my slip and boat this weekend just to make sure i dont have Alzheimer's.

what were we talking about?

Quick Reply: Would you put a 9'6" wide boat in a 10' slip?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.