does anyone know this 45 wellcraft excalibur? or 45 excalibur in general >

does anyone know this 45 wellcraft excalibur? or 45 excalibur in general

Notices

does anyone know this 45 wellcraft excalibur? or 45 excalibur in general

Old 08-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know several people with them, they all love them. The boat will do 55 but has to have 525's in it (one of my buddies has them) the 502 boats seeam to top at about 50 and cruise in the 30's. They are tough on drives due to the weight. The 525 boat is REALLY tough on drives. Otherwise they are a great boat that handles rough water well and gives you lots of space and room to party.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:36 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by txriverrat2001
We've had one - loved it. A good friend has one now and loves it...

What type of questions do you have???
I see three different Excaliburs on the river, good looking boats. I know one moved from a new Formula 330SS with 496's to his Excalibur and loves it. I have not heard anything bad about them at all.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:35 PM
GDM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting . i was under the impression that the 45 runs between 53 and 56 mph with 502's 415 hp

they bumped the excalibur up to 47 in later years , here is a test where they claim the 47 ran 51 mph with 375 hp 496 ho's

http://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/bo...01wellcraft47/
Old 08-21-2008, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by insptech
I know several people with them, they all love them. The boat will do 55 but has to have 525's in it (one of my buddies has them) the 502 boats seeam to top at about 50 and cruise in the 30's. They are tough on drives due to the weight. The 525 boat is REALLY tough on drives. Otherwise they are a great boat that handles rough water well and gives you lots of space and room to party.
As Ted stated, in our boat club ( www.cbpba.com ) we have a little running joke about some of us having cruisers. there are 4 or 5 of us with 400SS and just about the same amount with the Excaliburs... They are great boats...
Old 08-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by GDM

interesting . i was under the impression that the 45 runs between 53 and 56 mph with 502's 415 hp

they bumped the excalibur up to 47 in later years , here is a test where they claim the 47 ran 51 mph with 375 hp 496 ho's

http://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/bo...01wellcraft47/

I suppose if you run it like a Fountain (10 ounces of gas and a 10 year old Chinese gymnast driving) you may get those speeds. But when you fill the tanks (Gas, water, poop) and a couple of coolers, and the fridge, and then your gal puts all of her hair, makeup, and clothing accesories on board, the boat slows a little.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:20 PM
GDM
Registered

Originally Posted by insptech
then your gal puts all of her hair, makeup,

how did you know my girl wears a weave

whenever we go boating i tell her to put on her "Good Hair"

Old 08-22-2008, 02:09 PM
GDM
Registered

Originally Posted by Warlock28SXT
. If you want any other pics I could go and check the boat out for you. I'm not a surveyor but I would be glad to try and get you some more info on it. I don't live that far from where the boat is for sale. E-mail me if you would like me to do that for you.
[email protected]
Jason
thanks for the offer i really appreciate that , i already flew to Milwaukee and seen that boat in person , im pretty close to closing the deal on this boat .

do you know any good surveyors in the area
Old 08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GDM
thanks for the offer i really appreciate that , i already flew to Milwaukee and seen that boat in person , im pretty close to closing the deal on this boat .

Not a problem. I do not know of any surveyors in the area. I can make a couple of calls to a few people more in touch with that aspect of things and find one for you. If you want give a call anytime.

Jason

Last edited by Warlock28SXT; 08-22-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:25 PM
GDM
Registered

thanks jason , i just saved your phone number . you might want to delete that part of the post , it isnt always a good idea to post your number on a forum

i was real impressed with the look of the boating scene on lake michigan . much nicer than i had expected . the water looks tropical (from a far at least) i was picturing a dinjy/dingy (sp?)lake but it looked like a great place to go boating

i spent a night in milwaukee and then a night in chicago too

it looks like you guys have miles and miles of good water

Old 08-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GDM
http://www.cmsurveyors.com/index.php

Rick did the survey for the buyer on a boat I sold recently and he was very thorough - I watched the entire process and was pretty impressed with his work.

Quick Reply: does anyone know this 45 wellcraft excalibur? or 45 excalibur in general

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.