Notices

If You Wanted To Race?

Old 08-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

The hull is "TOO EFFECIENT" to compete against normal V hulls. It relies on it's "WINGS" and narrow wetted surface to make it run better. The is not a full canopied 28' in the States anyway other than mcCombs tandem canopy in Sarasota that has seen better days. If you want to keep it simple and NOT re invent the wheel buy an Extreme or a Phantom there are a few out there for sale.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,735 Likes on 3,794 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
That's what it looks like to me. Probably P3 against 40'+ boats with twins? Why would the 28 Bat Boats be illegal? It seems to fit all the rules if it had a 525Merc and Canopy?
Because of the wings.
Most svl run P-4 with OPA, P-3 with SBI, and in big seas it is obvious the bigger twin engined boats will fare better, Although one "Stickerboy" AKA Ryan Beckley had to run P-2 in his 24 ft Skater and did fairly well. If you want all out get up and go, race OSS, limit your speed p-class. remember with OSS you would be facing the "ruler of the seas"

Old 08-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B
remember with OSS you would be facing the "ruler of the seas"
Don't see that name on there?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Don't see that name on there?
ask randy
Old 08-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Registered

So if I have this right, there is no boat that is legal and competitive in all associations unless you run in the "P" classes? Or do all associations recognize twin outboard and one boat would fit all?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure why Beckley warned you off, but I'd rather be in a cat outboard than a SVL any day. Two 280's vs a single sealed SVL motor? And it is a cat and not a V??? Someone enlighten me...

BTW I am the patrol boat that offered a free tow to the SVL at Kenner that was drifting near the rocks but was afraid to use the tow boat. Twins rule.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Not sure why Beckley warned you off, but I'd rather be in a cat outboard than a SVL any day. Two 280's vs a single sealed SVL motor? And it is a cat and not a V??? Someone enlighten me...

BTW I am the patrol boat that offered a free tow to the SVL at Kenner that was drifting near the rocks but was afraid to use the tow boat. Twins rule.
Probably because it is a little more expensive, didnt warn anyone off just saying for a new team under a tight budget SVL would be the way to go.

Anything with twins that races is twice the money and can be twice the headache
Old 08-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30

Probably doesn't want to see us upside down.

I wasn't there, but myself and I'm sure everyone who has witnessed SeaTow thanks you.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Extreme the blue one with flames above is available, with or without power. SVL is a great class! and the cheapest pure race class to run. Don't know why the superstock outboard cat class isn't bigger here, this is also a great class, overseas 20 plus of theses boats make the starts, and is the only truly international class with all racing bodies following the same basic rules, canopied twin outboard cats 28 upto 32 ft, and is probably the next cheapest class to run. All boats fit into a P class, as P class is basically determined by the speed of the boat.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SpecialFX
My Extreme the blue one with flames above is available, with or without power. SVL is a great class! and the cheapest pure race class to run. Don't know why the superstock outboard cat class isn't bigger here, this is also a great class, overseas 20 plus of theses boats make the starts, and is the only truly international class with all racing bodies following the same basic rules, canopied twin outboard cats 28 upto 32 ft, and is probably the next cheapest class to run. All boats fit into a P class, as P class is basically determined by the speed of the boat.
So twin outboard class is recognized by APBA,OSS,OPA,POPRA,SBI,etc.? You could buy one and run with twin outboards in P classes, then, if you thought you were ready, put on the controlled/inspected Merc's and run SS Outboard?

Quick Reply: If You Wanted To Race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.