Tell Me About LOTO Fun Spots >

Tell Me About LOTO Fun Spots

Notices

Tell Me About LOTO Fun Spots

Old 08-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tell Me About LOTO Fun Spots

I had a recent job transfer to the St. Louis area and have a vacation day Wednesday and Thursday. The wife flew in and we want to check out the LOTO area. I know that I am missing the shootout weekend but I am the new guy and could only get the vacation mid week.

I was just going to wing it and drive around but I thought why not ask the people who know LOTO.

I don't have a boat so I am a land traveler.

What are some fun and active places?

Resturants by the water?

Eventually I want to tip back a few and will be looking for a room close to a bar/resturant. Are there any places close to each other?

Do they have a taxi service?
Old 08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can pick a hotel on Hwy 54 and be close to several places. I would recommending stopping by any restaurant or grocery store/Wal Mart and picking up a tourism guide. It will have all the bars marked out clearly (there are more than you would be able to hit in a week at the lake).

I would recommend Dog Days, Shorty Pants, Backwater Jacks, Horny Toad as a few hot spots on the Hwy 54 side. If you make it across the toll bridge, Franky & Louies and probably my favorite place.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered

Thanks,
I am sure it will blow my mind once I get there. Sounds like a lot to do.

I have looked around the St.Louis area but the river boating is not for me.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sup Cordell..?? go to www.midwestboatparty.com thats LOTO Based..Great people !
Old 08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Registered

A good place to stay on 54 is the holiday inn express right across the street from the outlet mall.

I'd hit Salty Dog it's got a good view and decent food. You could also head over to the toad if you want touristy, backwater jacks has good food but it's at the back of the cove, JB hooks has a great view and excellent food but you're not exactly on the water, more like 150 feet above it.

make sure you have custard from Randy or Andy

If you want off water resturants you can chose anywhere from McDonalds to the Potted Steer, brass door, Outback, City Grill and many, many, many others.

Last edited by Von Bongo; 08-19-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
A good place to stay on 54 is the holiday inn express right across the street from the outlet mall.

I'd hit Salty Dog it's got a good view and decent food. You could also head over to the toad if you want touristy, backwater jacks has good food but it's at the back of the cove, JB hooks has a great view and excellent food but you're not exactly on the water, more like 150 feet above it.

make sure you have custard from Randy or Andy

If you want off water resturants you can chose anywhere from McDonalds to the Potted Steer, brass door, Outback, City Grill and many, many, many others.
Holiday Inn Express is good along with here -- > http://www.osagevillageinn.com/index2.html

Here's a good site to look at -->
http://www.funlake.com/

A great local bar/restaurant right on the strip at the dam is the Casablanca. Another good local place just down from the Holiday Inn/Osage Village Inn is Tirebiters, off of 54-29.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered

Thanks for the great info.

Can't wait to check it out..............
Old 08-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab3DMC
sup Cordell..?? go to www.midwestboatparty.com thats LOTO Based..Great people !
Man do I miss Lake Erie!

Did not know what I had.

Really miss the Islands/Sandusky boating.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Registered

Welcome to the Lou. I've found this place to be one of the most varied and interesting of all the mid-western cities I've lived in. If you have a hard time finding areas/activities that "feel like home" for you (as is often the case when relocating) just call out to some of us on here, or midwestboatparty. We'll do our best to help you find what you need.

For you time at LOTO, also consider going to the state park ramp on Thursday to see if any big hardware is in for the Shootout. If you cross the toll bridge you can reach Ozark BBQ by land, and they are right on the main channel at the 12ish mile mark, great place to watch the boat traffic, and good food. The smoked chicken wings are the best I've had. Lots of marina rent PWC, and small boats. That could fix your boatless problem for that trip, and wed should be smooth enough that small boats wont be a problem. Most activity happens between the 7MM and the 22MM, but there are lots of nice areas outside of there. If you want to see non-boating parts of LOTO, there's Ha Ha Tonka state park, tour of the dam, and cave tours. (Sometimes being near the water without a boat is too much for me, and I have to go do something else.) I won't be down there until Thur evening, or I'd offer to give you a tour by water.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go get crab legs at Docknockers Shady Gator has a nice bucket drink that's tasty. On 54, there's a few places not on the water like Pickled Petes and Randy's has some great frozen custard. Shorty Pants is good, and Backwater Jacks has some nice water views. Coconuts is new and really cool with a pool bar and beach area.

Quick Reply: Tell Me About LOTO Fun Spots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.