Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Houstonians (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19376-houstonians.html)

tanned fat looks better 03-04-2002 01:52 PM

Houstonians

My buddy that was going to Angleton was now sent to La Porte. Is that a good place to be? He's working on building a new O'reilly auto. I am trying to swing going down ther in 3 or 4 weeks. Are there any good bars on the bay there? Anyone close that wants to take a couple of Kansas guys for a boat ride? Any golf course close?

Jana 03-04-2002 02:07 PM

La Porte isn't too bad. It's near the bay and not too far from Kemah. There's a Boardwalk with several good restaurants there. Favorite bar is the Turtle Club on Clear Lake. Lot's of performance boaters there on the weekends. My boat is right down the street from there. Let me know what weekend and I might take you for a ride.
There's also a greyhound racing track just south down I-45.

tanned fat looks better 03-04-2002 02:11 PM

Thanks for the info Jana. I will definately get a hold of you if I head down there. I'll tell my buddy about the Turtle maybe he'll hang out there.

Dredgeking 03-04-2002 02:45 PM

kemmah is a cool place. usually a bunch of action. there has to be a few golf courses in the area. maybe i can get johnjan to haul his boat from austin and i'll bring mine up from victoria for a weekend.

E Z TERMS 03-04-2002 08:13 PM

kemah/seabrook area at clearlake................

go to the turtle club.............always a bunch of boat guys and girls down there...............

and a good place to boat too..............

EZ :D :D

tanned fat looks better 03-05-2002 02:45 PM

Thanks for the info.......i'll let you know if I head that way and we can put some faces to names.

OutlawBayB 03-05-2002 03:33 PM

We're out closer to Lake Conroe. Pretty far from La Porte, tho. Let us (NASDBOY & I) know if you're out this way. There is a couple of championship golf courses out that way , too. The Woodlands is on the way to Conroe & there's one more.......forgot the name, maybe Elkins? Not sure. But, you do have to be a member to go there-of which we're not. we can play Mini golf-tho.:D

tanned fat looks better 03-06-2002 08:22 PM

Ok I just talked to my buddy, his companies office is in La Porte but his job is north and he is staying in Humbles (sp?) off 59 I think. He says it's by Lake Houston, I don't know, and close to the woodlands. I'm going to try and get down there and maybe play golf at a place that has the 18 greatest hole of golf. So if it works out...fly in on Friday.......maybe hook up w/ some ah ya'll on Saturday and get a little golf in on Sunday on whatever long weekend I can swing. Then fly out on Monday.

His main focus right now is finding a bar where he can watch the KANSAS JAYHAWKS win the national championship. He said he heard of a bar on Sawdust road I guess it is where KU alumn gather for games.

When I get it figured out I'll let ya know......sounds like NASDYBOY and OutlawBayb are prolly close.

NASDBOY 03-06-2002 08:39 PM

Rayford Sawdust is in or near the woodlands, that would be off of I-45North if he is in Humble he is near or off of I-59N. Not to far from the woodlands, I think EZ Terms is from Humble, Im not to familiar with bars in either area. We are about 25 minutes from the Woodlands with out traffic, and about another 40 to lake conroe. My boat is temporarily out of commis. seeing as how it froze down here the past few days. I plan on working on it Saturday and hopefully be out on Sunday in conroe....:D :D

Jana 03-07-2002 08:20 AM

That course is called Tour 18 and it is up in that area somewhere. It's made up of 18 holes from famous courses around the world.
I live in northwest Houston, so I could probably catch up with you one of the days, just without my boat.