Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Accident at the the  NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race. >

Accident at the the NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.

Notices

Accident at the the NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:12 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Can you guys put something together for her? Photos, stories, and treat her like her uncle would have? We all feel her grief and hopefully can help.
Perhaps at a later date I can offer some good running shots of the boat. Right now I just have to sit tight to assure none of my images end up being used anywhere without my permission.

I cannot tell you how many inquiries I have received about photos from this race.

Many strange claims being made that I cannot verify, just trying to gain access to the photos that were taken head-on frame by frame of the crash as it was happening as well as all of the recovery photos shot from the helicopter.

So out of respect for the family, the OPA as well as the investigators, the images are lock down with a password.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-31-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Upon further investigation, it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it. I have a 7PM flight out of JFK so I won't make it back from the shore in time...maybe Saturday just to poke around...? Worth it or nah?
Old 08-31-2008, 09:29 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Dejana4Life
Wait wait wait, what do you mean am I still writing? I thought you meant posting...

I'm not a writer?? So no, no story, just going in honor...
Kat,
I was under the impression you were a journalist that studied at FIT.

If you can make it to Point, look for me.
Just look for the BIG lenses...

Old 08-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Perhaps at a later date I can offer some good running shots of the boat. Right now I just have to sit tight to assure none of my images end up being used anywhere without my permission.

I cannot tell you how many inquiries I have received about photos from this race.

Many strange claims being made that I cannot verify, just trying to gain access to the photos that were taken head-on frame by frame of the crash as it was happening as well as all of the recovery photos shot from the helicopter.

So out of respect for the family, the OPA as well as the investigators, the images are lock down with a password.
I bet most of it is actually family. I know you and a few others have submitted your photos to investigators and I appreciate that. The investigators don't really share that with us and my uncles (his brothers) are trying to make sense of what happened here. We got the boat back today so I guess they're done with that part?
Old 08-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Registered

Kat,
I was under the impression you were a journalist that studied at FIT.

If you can make it to Point, look for me.
Just look for the BIG lenses...

Interesting. I was. But I didn't end up writing for my career.

Why do you know me? I'm so lost.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:32 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

What do you do if you don't mind me asking ?

Old 08-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Registered

What do you do if you don't mind me asking ?
Ad sales.

Whoooooooooo are youuuuuuuuuuu? hahha
Old 08-31-2008, 09:50 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

I'm just an "Eye in the Sky".

Yes indeed I spent some time at the Police Station until about 12:30 AM Monday morning and a few more hours Monday afternoon when I should have already been to work. I transferrred everything the detectives needed to hopefully put the pieces together on what transpired out there on the water.

It was the very least I could do for everyone involved.

I am amazed that the boat was returned already !

Old 08-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Registered

I'm just an "Eye in the Sky".

Yes indeed I spent some time at the Police Station until about 12:30 AM Monday morning and a few more hours Monday afternoon when I should have already been to work. I transferrred everything the detectives needed to hopefully put the pieces together on what transpired out there on the water.

It was the very least I could do for everyone involved.

I am amazed that the boat was returned already !
If you're an eye in the sky then why do you know my name and where I went to college? And my major, its a bit odd right?

But anyway, at least you know I am who I say I am!
Old 08-31-2008, 10:42 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Dejana4Life
If you're an eye in the sky then why do you know my name and where I went to college? And my major, its a bit odd right?

But anyway, at least you know I am who I say I am!
We had a situation here that does not happen everyday, thank God.

We lost two of our own to a tragic accident.

Suddenly the satellite trucks came to the crane area, cameras lined the shoreline, interviews being taken from people that saw the incident from over 1 mile away that had no clue what happened. I don't think one news story got any of it right.

Suddenly word got out about the photos I had. People asking for the password to get into the Galleries ect. I had to put myself on the defensive to protect the images from getting out to the wrong people.

You were one screen name that just joined the forum.

Sorry, but I had no proof of who you are and I certainly was not about to release the images to you.

I did my homework and found out mostly what I needed to know.

Should you be the person I looked into, you have done some freelance journalism, worked for a Trade Publication in NY doing writing.

Now maybe you could see my concern. It just may have been a coincidence, but I would not put it past some reporters to try to do anything to get their story and or photos.

Some people were even caught in the pits eavesdropping on certain people's conversations. Again, doing anything to get their story.

You do Ad Sales. That's great, I guess as long as it is not for Newsweek or another Newspaper.

I hope you find time to get to Point Pleasant Beach. It will be an amazing scene with everyone flying your uncle Phil's number on their boats. If you can't make it, be assured I will catch as much moments as possible for you to view in my galleries.

I hope you understand, I was just being protective.

Quick Reply: Accident at the the NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.