Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Accident at the the  NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race. >

Accident at the the NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.

Notices

Accident at the the NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some pics of it when it was Dirty Duck.
Attached Thumbnails Accident at the the  NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.-puerto25.jpg   Accident at the the  NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.-puerto28.jpg   Accident at the the  NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.-puerto29.jpg  

Old 09-01-2008, 01:13 AM

Couple more.
Attached Thumbnails Accident at the the  NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.-puerto31.jpg  
Old 09-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
We lost two of our own to a tragic accident.

I hope you understand, I was just being protective.
If she doesn't right now, she will in the near future.

I've been through all the mis-quotes, sensationalistic journalism garbage in a tragedy. The family doesn't want that at all.

I do hope she makes it to the race and can meet everyone to know how close of a group you guys are and that she is welcome now and forever because of her uncle, your friend.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Registered

We had a situation here that does not happen everyday, thank God.

We lost two of our own to a tragic accident.

Suddenly the satellite trucks came to the crane area, cameras lined the shoreline, interviews being taken from people that saw the incident from over 1 mile away that had no clue what happened. I don't think one news story got any of it right.

Suddenly word got out about the photos I had. People asking for the password to get into the Galleries ect. I had to put myself on the defensive to protect the images from getting out to the wrong people.

You were one screen name that just joined the forum.

Sorry, but I had no proof of who you are and I certainly was not about to release the images to you.

I did my homework and found out mostly what I needed to know.

Should you be the person I looked into, you have done some freelance journalism, worked for a Trade Publication in NY doing writing.

Now maybe you could see my concern. It just may have been a coincidence, but I would not put it past some reporters to try to do anything to get their story and or photos.

Some people were even caught in the pits eavesdropping on certain people's conversations. Again, doing anything to get their story.

You do Ad Sales. That's great, I guess as long as it is not for Newsweek or another Newspaper.

I hope you find time to get to Point Pleasant Beach. It will be an amazing scene with everyone flying your uncle Phil's number on their boats. If you can't make it, be assured I will catch as much moments as possible for you to view in my galleries.

I hope you understand, I was just being protective.
You don't have to explain yourself to me, I was asked by 3 different reporters for details when I was LEAVING THE HOSPITAL. Thats right, at 9 ish that night, they were outside asking broken hearted family members for info. Have some freaking decency!

So anyway, I'm Phil's niece on my mothers side (hence the different last name), he was my moms little brother. I did major in journalism but decided it wasn't for me around the time I was graduating, haha. I worked for a fashion trade publication and freelanced there for a bit and the division I was in was closed after 9/11. I finished out school, bartending and started doing Ad Sales in 2004. And nooooooooo newspapers or anything like that. 2 cable networks and now i'm selling an out of home medium.

So again, I'll ask, is it a waste to go on Saturday? If I came Sunday, I'd miss my flight out...
Old 09-01-2008, 08:37 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Saturday will be some testing going on for sure. It would give you a chance to go through the pits and meet so many of the teams. There is usually a great party on Saturday night as well at Club Jenkinsons. I'm not sure how it would compare to the club "Frequency" but I don't think you would be wasting your time.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered

Saturday will be some testing going on for sure. It would give you a chance to go through the pits and meet so many of the teams. There is usually a great party on Saturday night as well at Club Jenkinsons. I'm not sure how it would compare to the club "Frequency" but I don't think you would be wasting your time.
Ok that had to be so long ago that I don't even remember where it was. lol. I didn't even find anything on myself when i googled me!
Old 09-01-2008, 08:55 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

For becoming part of the Offshore Community.

I am sure all of the teams would like to see you in Point. !

Old 09-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Registered

Sharkey any way to PM or something? Have something I'd like to discuss a little more privately.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dejana4Life
Sharkey any way to PM or something? Have something I'd like to discuss a little more privately.
Was Phils brother upset that the racers showed up in their uniforms?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:26 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Dejana4Life
Email me through my website:
http://sharkeymarine.com/

Being as you are only a "Registered" OSO member, I do not think you can use the PM system on OSO.

Quick Reply: Accident at the the NY/Battle on the Bay/Geico Triple Crown race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.