Notices

20 Ft Donzi Minx

Old 08-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20 Ft Donzi Minx

New Member Here And Planning On Buying This 20 Foot Minx Anybody Have Any Opions On This Boat Its A 1989 This Is Going To Be My First Donzi Anyone Have Any Opions On This Boat Good Or Bad
Old 08-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Registered

i had one great boat, i put a chevy 350 lt-1 crate engine in it and it ran around 72mph with a alpha drive.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Registered

Default Great Boat .............

Welcome ..........

I owned one for a few years, never had a problem .......... The boat was a blast to drive too, great looking, and easy to trailer .......... handles more like an 18 CL, than a 22, the bow pops up easier ........ Runs a 2 to 3ft chop with ease and doesnt chine walk, very stable for its size ......... Mine was red and tan, 87 model, with a 350 mag/alpha drive, ran 65 ................ One of the best boating experiences I've had ........... Sold it three years later for more than I paid ............. Some times you win .........LOL....
Old 08-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Registered

Have not heard anything but good reviews about them. Check out www.donzi.net for more info if you haven't already.

Dan
Old 08-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had one about 15 years ago, 350/Alpha, great boat. Never left me stranded and I was not kind to that hull. It was wide open and trimmed out all the time. Handled the water great and where I boat it gets rough. The boat always felt in control and gave a soft ride.
Matt
Old 08-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Registered

I've never heard anything negative about the hull but, again, Donzi.net would be the place to check.

HotSpare - I haven't seen you around in awhile. Didn't you come to one of our Donzi things in Cumberland? If you're who I think you are, you didn't like my log dodging driving
Old 08-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Registered

Elizabeth ........

How are ya !!!!!!!!!!! Yes it's me ....... And, yes have been to AOTH 3 times, once with my boat and twice boatless ......... Seems like there was debris every year running to lee's ford,always hitting something ......... You, however dodged every single piece one year, with Dad and I spotting, still got a kink in my neck from that one .............LOL.... You Rule Kiddo !!!!!!!!!!!!! Would like to run around more, but with all the events each year around here its hard to get away ......... Pretty much just doing the southwest thing ....... But sure do miss ya ............ B.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered

I'm doing good. Dad and I take on a little bit more each year with Cumberland. It's pretty much RoadTrip, Itllfli, Dad and i that put it on anymore. FarmerTex is still a huge help with the food.

You ought to come back this year! When they dropped the lake to repair the dam, the debris hasn't been nearly so bad. Of course the year they raise it will be horrendous though.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a good boat with a good following. Bigger than the 18c, smaller than the 22c.. It is a nice inbetween.. Just get it checked over so you know what your buying mechanically..
Old 08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Registered

Glad to hear you guy's are doing well ......... and yes, I really should do a return trip .......... Granted access to mingle with the God's is always heady ....... I have to say the lake looks interesting at it's current level, pic's of last year's raft up were very different, I guess access to the falls is out right now ........... A look of Classic Desolation, no tree line, all rock backdrop ............ Very Cool ......... B.