Notices

Best XR Drive Shower?

Old 08-26-2008, 01:08 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shawn
I use the Billet Marine Top Caps witht the cooling built into the cap. It holds the tower better than stock and provides the cooling.
X2 If you want the real deal...billet marine is where its at.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:40 AM
Registered

Billet Marine worked well for me also.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pm203
Thanks Rob, but my buddy will want the newer version if he goes with Simrek.
I had problems with the older version working on mine but got the newer version and it works great. Too bad I already had drilled the holes!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by danh63
I had problems with the older version working on mine but got the newer version and it works great. Too bad I already had drilled the holes!
thya are sold already, I never had a problem with any of them and no drive issues on my tiger at all. when I spoke to Paul at simrek(his name backwards) and he told me of the temps and the thought process it all made sense. I had broken one of the originals when i first got the tiger and ran all weekend with only one, when i slowed down the steam coming off that one drive was incredible, not to mention the salt and lime that was baked to it from the bay... my vote is still for simrek.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I had 3 Simreks break at the side holes on my 03 Formula 382 w/ 575's! Paul at the company was real good about it & took care of me.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Billet Marine circulates water through the cap itself as opposed to "splashing" the top of it. It is superior in cooling and takes out one of the weak links in all bravo's.....cap deflection. It is not cheap....but you get what you pay for. If you are running north of 600hp...it will pay for itself time and time again. One of the best investments you can make on a bravo.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:38 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Billet Marine circulates water through the cap itself as opposed to "splashing" the top of it. It is superior in cooling and takes out one of the weak links in all bravo's.....cap deflection. It is not cheap....but you get what you pay for. If you are running north of 600hp...it will pay for itself time and time again. One of the best investments you can make on a bravo.
Hi John, have you splashed your new mills yet?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Not yet....working on it though. I have had to change a ton of rigging. My back has put the brakes on the operation to a large degree also. I will let you know as soon as do. My prediction is drive disaster.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Drive Showers from CP Performance

Originally Posted by pm203
A friend of mine asked me who makes the best XR drive shower. He would like to add it to his Topgun. Any advice or recommendations?
We have a couple options for your Topgun depending on what style you like better. We offer the rigid tube style from Just Wicked Marine like this that comes with a Limited Lifetime warranty for only $119.99 and comes with all the tools and hardware you need to install. You can view test results here. Hardin Marine has also released their brand new CAD designed top cap style drive shower made from premium 316L stainless steel and that can be purchased for $129.99 plus the XR finned cap install kit for $17.99. You can view that here.

What ever your drive shower needs are we have you covered.

Much more right at your fingertips!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Boy, there certainly are alot of choices with everyone claiming that their product is superior. It's alot of info and I appreciate everyone's comments. Thanks and keep em coming!!

Quick Reply: Best XR Drive Shower?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.