Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Since I can't Get help on the Donzi Forum >

Since I can't Get help on the Donzi Forum

Notices

Since I can't Get help on the Donzi Forum

Old 08-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat is a Scorpion ed, I have seen it, on second thought I have never been under the hatch.

IU sharp boat, we will be at the beach all weekend.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Registered

Ya fellas appreciate the help, the boat indeed is a Scorpion edition 377 HP I do a little homework. Yes engines are blue it really is a scorpion. I have inward rotation I know the ideal conditions and have had the screaming out, out on lake michigan I have all the room I need so space is not a problem either. Like I stated 1/2 tank of fuel and 2-4 ppl did not matter to the GPS 74 was what I hit multi lake, multi water condition. I have 380 hrs on engines... Any other questions or reiterations I can state for some info? and Magic I am back In Iraq
Old 08-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doesn't anybody else question how he can only turn the 25" 3 blade props 5,000 RPMs...then try a set of 4 blade with MORE pitch and still hit 5,000? Something isn't right here.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:06 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IUHalls
Ya fellas appreciate the help, the boat indeed is a Scorpion edition 377 HP I do a little homework. Yes engines are blue it really is a scorpion. I have inward rotation I know the ideal conditions and have had the screaming out, out on lake michigan I have all the room I need so space is not a problem either. Like I stated 1/2 tank of fuel and 2-4 ppl did not matter to the GPS 74 was what I hit multi lake, multi water condition. I have 380 hrs on engines... Any other questions or reiterations I can state for some info? and Magic I am back In Iraq
380 hours on small blocks, they will be getting tired, time for a leakdown test.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Doesn't anybody else question how he can only turn the 25" 3 blade props 5,000 RPMs...then try a set of 4 blade with MORE pitch and still hit 5,000? Something isn't right here.
Well come out on the boat cause it happened, I tested in two lakes, with both sets of props... The Diameter is not exact but close enough that it shouldn't make a difference. I don't understand it either, but that is what happened on both occasions. Thinking of going to 5 blade to see what happens.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just went through something similar on my friend's Cig 35. The motors are over-cammed (midrange sucks) and it was under-propped. The only thing we had were 4 blades 3 pitches up. Same rpm, same top speed. They were just slipping like SOB's. No logic, but I saw it happen. In this case, being labbed may be dropping the pitch. The extra blade may be compensating for some lack of bite.

My advice would be to talk to a prop pro. Hydromotive, bbblades, Throttle up, etc. Let them make a reccomendation, then they can swap demo props back & forth until you have it dialled in.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

Good luck over there and come back safely and soon!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My single 26ZX dines on a steady diet of Scorpions

I can't believe what nobody responded on the donzi net. I never saw a post relating to that topic.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Registered

I believe he ment the OSO Donzi Forum ........ Don't recall seeing it on Donzi.net either ..........
Old 08-28-2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by IUHalls
Well come out on the boat cause it happened, I tested in two lakes, with both sets of props... The Diameter is not exact but close enough that it shouldn't make a difference. I don't understand it either, but that is what happened on both occasions. Thinking of going to 5 blade to see what happens.
Be careful in Iraq and a big Thank You for serving the greatest Country in the world.
Now back to your boat, the best blade for your boat ia the 3 Blade Mirage, Now that I know were you boat you are almost on the money The Donzi 28ZX Scorpion ran 82 MPH in Sarasota Optimum conditions light fuel and heavy concentrate of Saltwater, Saltwater ads about 5-7 mph in speed. Here in NJ the Scorpions all run about 78 same boat trailered to 1000 Islands NY, boating Lake Ontario that same boat will run 72-74 mph.

Quick Reply: Since I can't Get help on the Donzi Forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.