Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto,  or are out this season >

Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto, or are out this season

Notices

Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto, or are out this season

Old 08-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gutted the Cig in Feb, had 2 new strokers built from the ground up, repainted the bilge, added full hyd. steering, redid the entire dash, freshened the trannies, rebuilt the trim pumps, and rewired the whole boat. Everything is done sitting in a pile, it just needs put together. I'm still hoping to make it in this season. This F'ing thing has consumed my entire life so far this year.

And if that wasnt enough, a few weeks ago I bought a project Whaler, to park next to my project Express Cat, and my 3 empty SeaDoo hulls. A friend asked me the other day If I was planning on a career change.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You guys are all a bunch of amatures!!!
All hail Audio. Master of the trailer queens.

PS, when is the first alcoholic meeting of W.I.P.E. taking place?

Working 60 to 70hr 5 day weeks to pay for 24 hr 2 day work on boat weekends is wearing a little thin.
I think I need a drink or numerous to help me stay motivated.
I guess I could have just rebuilt the 500efi and kept boating but NO, I had to take the whole friggin boat apart didn't I.

I sure hope when I hear the blower whine and watch the speedo ( the new 120mph speedo of course ) cruise right past the 100mph mark, it all feels like it was worth it.

If it wasn't for "cloke" feeling sorry for me and taking me on a few poker runs, I wouldn't have been in a boat ON THE WATER this summer or last. Thanks Alec.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
I gutted the Cig in Feb, had 2 new strokers built from the ground up, repainted the bilge, added full hyd. steering, redid the entire dash, freshened the trannies, rebuilt the trim pumps, and rewired the whole boat. Everything is done sitting in a pile, it just needs put together. I'm still hoping to make it in this season. This F'ing thing has consumed my entire life so far this year.

And if that wasnt enough, a few weeks ago I bought a project Whaler, to park next to my project Express Cat, and my 3 empty SeaDoo hulls. A friend asked me the other day If I was planning on a career change.
You know, I hear there's help for people like you.

When you find it, please let me know where.

Once I finish my cat,( maybe still another 100hrs of work or so and another 20 grand, I still have my daughters Cougar Cub to finnish the ground up resto and re rig on too.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Jon do you happen to know a guy with Black, totally restored 16 foot Donzi that keeps it on Sebago lake? Also is a very big car restoration nut I think. Met him last night and seemed like a good guy. Local cop down here.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:55 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

it is good to see that thier are more people in my situation then I thought, this has made me feel better already, and I am ready to start working on the boat again, Thanks guys.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My boat runs, but the motors are coming out next month. Freshening them up, painting the bilge, new dashboard, etc...hopefully it will fair better than:

My 1973 Corvette...needs a new front bumper, which I have purchased a year ago and is still in the box...
My Yamaha 700SRX snowmobile...needed a new suspension part, which I have purchased and is still in the box (and the sled in pieces)...
My 1990 Kawasaki 550SX Jet Ski...needs a new motor and has been in a state of major disrepair for a couple years now...
My 1992 Kawasaki 750SX Jet Ski...needs a major motor rebuild...sitting (still in one piece) next to the sled...

Ahhh....too many freakin' toys!!!!!!!!!! (I love it, tho!!!)
Old 08-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Apache Brave
it is good to see that thier are more people in my situation then I thought, this has made me feel better already, and I am ready to start working on the boat again, Thanks guys.
Keep your chin up. Between the me and the G-F we have owned 5 boats in the past 3 seasons and have spent a little over a handfull of days on the water. The Cig has been sitting for the past 2 and a half years, and I will be lucky to get a few hours on it yet this year if any at all. I have thrown my hands up and walked away at least a dozzen times, only to come back the next day. I have yet to let any project get the best of me and I dont intend to start now. As for the Cig, it can wait until Tuesday, this afternoon I'm hooking an eggbeater to my ratty azz Whaler so I can go to the lake and be a moterboatin sonofab!tch for the weekend.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love a project. I'm painfully hyper, ADD, a bit OCD and I live to multi-task. The worse it is, the better I like it. An idle mind for a guy like me is a painful experience. And trying to go on a relaxing vacation with a guy like me is a painful experience for others. The projects are a great place to burn some of that mental energy in a non-work-related way. I'm going to be obsessively poring over the details of something, why not something I enjoy?

My projects are something I can always carry with me. I enjoy thinking through all the little details as I drone along on the highway in the middle of the night.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

do you still own a boat ?

later
Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Apache Brave
I wanted to start a thread for Performace boat owner who have sunk a ton of money into thier boats and they dont run, or did not get them into the water this season, owner's who have boats that are being restored, and people who dont know what they want in a performance boat. I think it will be great therapy for all us discouraged owner of boat's that did not make it in the water this summer!!!, I am trying to make myself feel better about my Apache purchase and I am sure thier are more boat owners out thier like me. I think we should have group meetings and drink more

Just like you i have been there. Bought mine last year bout this time first time out blew it up. Took me all year to get the motors back and in along with the trannys. I have ran it 4 times now and it is the end of Aug. Still working out some bugs but i am on the water.

Before
Attached Thumbnails Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto,  or are out this season-330s-002.jpg   Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto,  or are out this season-330s-007.jpg   Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto,  or are out this season-330s-004.jpg  

Quick Reply: Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto, or are out this season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.