Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto,  or are out this season >

Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto, or are out this season

Notices

Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto, or are out this season

Old 08-28-2008, 10:49 PM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto, or are out this season

I wanted to start a thread for Performace boat owner who have sunk a ton of money into thier boats and they dont run, or did not get them into the water this season, owner's who have boats that are being restored, and people who dont know what they want in a performance boat. I think it will be great therapy for all us discouraged owner of boat's that did not make it in the water this summer!!!, I am trying to make myself feel better about my Apache purchase and I am sure thier are more boat owners out thier like me. I think we should have group meetings and drink more
Old 08-29-2008, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been following your thread and I'm sorry it's worked out how it has.

But, for me, the love of my boat is enough to get me over the fact I never got out this year one single time...night even as a ride along. Sucks, but I know as long as I live I will be enjoying my Scarab eventually and that is enough to comfort me.

Good luck.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Registered

When I decided to rebuild my Pachanga with bigger power it was outta commission for 3 years. Grrr on boat mechanics...haven't even splashed it this year....getting hydro steering,tabs....and the problem headders....turns out the procharger couldn't be shimmed out enough for real tube headders to fit (at least the ones I bought) So this becomes a 2nd season for winter work. I just hope I grin as big after this 2 year wait as I did for the 3 year wait when the stick goes all the way up!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:52 AM
Registered

As for money I'm sure I probably have 3 times the dollars in the boat as I could get out of it if I were pushed to sell. Would you pay over 40K for a 1987 Pachanga 22?

Originally Posted by pachanga
When I decided to rebuild my Pachanga with bigger power it was outta commission for 3 years. Grrr on boat mechanics...haven't even splashed it this year....getting hydro steering,tabs....and the problem headders....turns out the procharger couldn't be shimmed out enough for real tube headders to fit (at least the ones I bought) So this becomes a 2nd season for winter work. I just hope I grin as big after this 2 year wait as I did for the 3 year wait when the stick goes all the way up!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are all a bunch of amatures!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:50 AM
Registered

I just wish I had a project like say a small Apache,Donzi,Cig. But at this time I can't do it. The new job has kept me on the road for this total past summer anyway, I have only been home for about 15 days total and haven't even been out on a boat at all, thats the first time for that in decades. SUCKS!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
You guys are all a bunch of amatures!!!
still counting animals 2 by 2 there Noah?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Paging Straight Jacket and Scarrab30.... I'm sure this thread will get some attention from you boys!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
still counting animals 2 by 2 there Noah?
Ya I have been working on this for the last few years!!!
Attached Thumbnails Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto,  or are out this season-196-nov-19-large-.jpg  
Old 08-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey don't worry about it. If you tried to replace a 28' apache it probably would not even come close to the cost of what you have in it. As long as you have a solid hull and don't need glass work you are in great shape. Remember you can't run a big block at high RPM for every.

Quick Reply: Help for boat owner who have boats that dont run, need resto, or are out this season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.