Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Michael Vorce...he is at it again!!!!!!!! >

Michael Vorce...he is at it again!!!!!!!!

Notices

Michael Vorce...he is at it again!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well they don't take to well to RATS in jail so while he may get out earlier his remaining time he will have to keep looking over his shoulder and maybe he won't even make it long.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And a little more

Michael Vorce may get reduced fraud sentence after testifying against others
By Nate Reens | The Grand Rapids Press
October 23, 2009, 7:43AM
GRAND RAPIDS — Michael Vorce, believed to have bilked more than $20 million from banks in loans for yachts that never existed, may escape a recommended nearly 20 years in prison for testimony against former business associates locally and a man he helped convict of murder in Wisconsin.

Michael Vorce
Vorce, 32, formerly of Alpine Township, is in line to have his sentence for guilty pleas to multiple felony counts of bank fraud reduced.
Federal prosecutors filed a motion Thursday to depart from a pre-sentence advisory that he be ordered to serve between 188 and 235 months in prison at his sentencing next Thursday.

The basis of the request lies in his testimony on the alleged fraudulent business activities of former partners Ryan Steensma and Stephanie *****ett.

Vorce accuses them of falsifying documents to send to investors, court records show.

Vorce said Steensma, the owner of security firm Redline 22 and a former Kent County sheriff’s deputy, was able to obtain money under activity that appears to violate federal wire fraud regulations, documents show.

Steensma, whose business specializes in security for companies doing work in the Middle East, Africa and other hot spots, earlier admitted to being subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury in connection with Vorce’s case.

The government is pursuing that investigation, according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Tim VerHey, court records showed.

It is not publicly known how much Vorce’s punishment could be reduced.

Larry Willey, Vorce’s attorney, contends his client has undergone a transformation while behind bars for the past 14 months.

Vorce, already under investigation by local authorities for bank fraud, was arrested and jailed while trying to steal the identity of a Milwaukee lawyer along with a friend.

“Vorce now is not the same person who committed these offenses,” Willey wrote.

Willey’s arguments also focus on Vorce’s cooperation as a jailhouse informant in the Wisconsin slaying case against Calvin Pirtle, convicted of “a very ugly homicide of a 21-year-old woman.”
Old 10-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Well they don't take to well to RATS in jail so while he may get out earlier his remaining time he will have to keep looking over his shoulder and maybe he won't even make it long.
I say he did a good thing. Makes no difference to me why he gave that info to the police, it will help the families of the murder victims get justice.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's not kid ourselves. He was in the right place at the right time and overheard some information that he could use as amunition to get back out on the street again to start earning. A rat is a rat is a rat. Not surprising in the least. He did do a noble thing but only if it could benefit his position.

RAF
Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Look at the bright side. He will be able to fart without making noise.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

12 years.
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local..._in_fraud_case
Old 10-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

at least it's 12 in fed. prison. No parole there, he's gonna do the whole 12. Even so, he should'a got a lot more. I know a car dealer that just got 20 yrs. for double floor planning 18mil. was the total in that one. The michigan boy got off easy.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Registered

i will gaurntee he will do less time than 12 years

My bet is 5 to 7 and he is out
Old 10-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by boatme
i will gaurntee he will do less time than 12 years

My bet is 5 to 7 and he is out
I don't believe the Federal system is lenient like that..........12 means 12. I wish it was 20!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
I don't believe the Federal system is lenient like that..........12 means 12. I wish it was 20!
I talked to a lawyer about this yesterday and he has worked federal cases before
Mike has shown he likes to be a snitch and I was told that if he finds more to snitch on while he is in the pen he can take that to the courts and negotiate his info for more time off Trust me he will roll over on anyone (and maybe make stuff up) to get more time knocked off
I am happy with a little wager my bet is he sees 5 to 7

Quick Reply: Michael Vorce...he is at it again!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.