Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Michael Vorce...he is at it again!!!!!!!! >

Michael Vorce...he is at it again!!!!!!!!

Notices

Michael Vorce...he is at it again!!!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Is there a Milwaukee town in MI ?
not that i know of. i have yet to understand how he has not been charged? certainly the evidence is out there and well known. it seeems certain laws were broken, correct?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He was also involved in the same type of scam with a car dealer a few years ago also.....no charges in that scam also, not sure why he would continue to try and roll with this again....and again......and again....maybe it is true, crime does pay if done correctly....
Old 09-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Registered

I think were all eager to find out what will happen to him after he appears in front of a Judge today says WOOD TV 8 of Grand Rapids. If anybody hears the out come, please post .Maybe this is the end of the throttles for this guy.

Last edited by DENNYB; 09-02-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:23 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

go to www.wxmi.com and watch last nights video o0n Vorce

They are getting more info

FBI is on the hunt
they showed up at a few places around here looking for more info on boats that Mike has apparently bought (stole)
Old 09-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Registered

Still in FBI Custody..................

If anyone knows this tool PLEASE tell him that I am smiling ear to ear because I helped put this azzhole in jail!

Michael Vorce arrested in Chicago with another West Michigan man over an alleged loan fraud

Posted by knagenga August 29, 2008 13:00PM
Michael Vorce

MILWAUKEE -- Michael Vorce, a former West Michigan boat broker who investigators say is behind a multi-million loan fraud scam that cost local banks millions of dollars, was taken into federal custody this week.

Vorce, 31, was arrested in Chicago late Tuesday, along with a Byron Township man, in what authorities say was another effort to allegedly defraud a bank.

A hearing that had been scheduled for Friday in Milwaukee was postponed until next Thursday. Vorce and the other suspect will remain in custody at least until that hearing.

INVESTIGATIONS
Michael Vorce was arrested outside Chicago this week, stemming from an alleged bank fraud scheme. He has been under federal investigation for millions of dollars in boat loans since 2007. Here's a look at how the case has evolved:

March 15 -- Macatawa Bank restates fourth-quarter earnings, saying it may have $5.2 million in bad loans to one customer, later identified as Vorce.

March 23 -- Banks seize boats and other property from Vorce's homes and storage facility.

April 5 -- Federal officials raid Vorce's former office in Bridgewater Place.

April 10 -- Ryan Steensma, owner of security firm Redline 22 and a friend of Vorce, says he has been subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury.

April 12 -- FBI and U.S. Attorney's office are investigating Vorce and loans based on fake boat identities and titles. Losses to local banks and a credit union are estimated at $16 million.

May 1 -- Banks auction contents of Vorce's homes in Grand Haven and Alpine Township for a total of $224,000.

August -- Wachovia Bank becomes first bank to sue Vorce.

Oct. 16 -- Vorce apologizes to banks, their employees and shareholders.

April 24 -- Macatawa Bank chairman expresses frustration about lack of criminal charges against Vorce.

June 30 -- Vorce allegedly files online loan application for $391,450, using Milwaukee attorney's name.

Tuesday -- Vorce is arrested near Chicago with James Jett, of Byron Township, while picking up paperwork for loan.

Vorce, formerly of Alpine Township, allegedly tried to use the identity of a Milwaukee attorney to secure a $391,450 loan. That loan was ostensibly to buy a 48-foot Sea Ray yacht, according to the case filed in U.S. District Court in Milwaukee.

The federal complaint alleges Vorce and James Jett, 29, initiated the scheme with a fraudulent loan application June 30.

They face felony charges of bank fraud and conspiracy to commit bank fraud, along with possible identity theft charges.

How the situation could be tied to an ongoing criminal investigation of Vorce in Grand Rapids is unclear.

In a press release, the FBI said the pair are involved in a multi-state identity theft and bank fraud scheme involving at least $2.6 million at four financial institutions.

"The investigation is continuing as the individuals appear to be part of a larger fraud scheme," the statement said.

FBI spokesman Leonard Peace said he didn't know whether the larger scheme not detailed in the court complaint included activity in Michigan.

A Press investigation in 2007 showed Vorce managed to secure millions of dollars in loans from 2005 through 2007 against a fleet of high-end yachts that either didn't exist or didn't belong to Vorce.

The money he secured was used, in part, to support a luxurious lifestyle that included high-end cars and a Miami condominium.

Vorce later apologized to the banks, which filed civil cases against him in Kent County Circuit Court and seized his property.

Vorce has remained free since the West Michigan scheme unraveled and never was criminally charged in those cases.

The June loan application detailed in the Milwaukee case used the identity of Michael Berzowski, a Milwaukee lawyer, along with a bogus e-mail address and fake tax returns, authorities said.

Fraud officials from Bank of the West discovered the alleged fraud when they contacted the accountant listed on the tax returns. The accountant said he did not prepare such returns for Berzowski.

The bank also found an appraisal on the boat Vorce was supposedly trying to buy to be fake after contacting the appraiser, authorities said.

FBI agents tracked Vorce to a courier service company where Vorce had arranged to pick up Bank of the West's loan documents.

Jett, who was driving a BMW with its license plates removed and Vorce in the passenger seat, picked up the package, authorities said. As he pulled away from the courier service, agents stopped the BMW and ordered Jett and Vorce out of the vehicle.

When Vorce got out, a pre-paid phone that had been used to make arrangements to pick up the package fell to the ground, according to an FBI statement.

An apparently faked voicemail message that greets those who call the phone says callers have reached Berzowski.

Berzowski told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel he didn't know how his name came to be used in the alleged fraud.

E-mail Chris Knape: [email protected]
Old 09-03-2008, 08:02 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveP
Still in FBI Custody..................

If anyone knows this tool PLEASE tell him that I am smiling ear to ear because I helped put this azzhole in jail!
The "Elliot Ness" of power boating..... our boy Dave can do anything!

By the way...can I borrow a hundred million or so.....?

Use my new name ........... Triple Digits.

T2x
Old 09-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Registered

More fallout.

Hair salon closes after co-owner accused of fraud

Wednesday, September 03, 2008 By Chris Knape
The Grand Rapids Press

GRAND RAPIDS -- Kristen Morton first sensed something was wrong Friday afternoon when the elevators stopped working.

A couple of hours later, Morton and the 12 other employees of Studio 64 salon and spa, at 64 Ionia Ave. SW, found themselves out on the curb -- apparently the latest victims of an alleged fraud involving Michael Vorce.

"We were just standing outside with bags full of our stuff," said Morton, the office manager for the salon since May.

Today, the second-floor leased space has been locked by the landlord.

The salon was co-owned by James Jett, a 29-year-old Byron Township man who was arrested last week with Vorce during what federal officials said was an attempt at defrauding a bank.

According to a federal affidavit, the pair were arrested while picking up documents to secure a $391,450 loan that supposedly was to be used to buy a yacht. Federal investigators said Vorce and Jett used the identity of a Milwaukee attorney in communications with the bank.

The FBI said the pair are involved in a multi-state identity theft and bank fraud involving at least $2.6 million at four financial institutions.

Both men are in custody in Milwaukee facing bank fraud and identity theft charges. A hearing has been set for Thursday.

Studio 64 employees and Jett's partner in the business say they had no idea Jett might be involved in criminal activities.

For now, employees are left without jobs and three weeks in back pay.

Vorce, 31, is a former Alpine Township boat broker. A Press investigation in 2007 showed he obtained millions of dollars in loans from West Michigan banks based on fraudulent information.

Paul Priest, the other owner of the salon, said he is doing what he can to take care of his employees and reopen.

"I'm in negotiations to take care of their past paychecks," he said. "I'm doing all I can not to leave them high and dry. I'm trying to figure this all out myself."

Priest said he only learned about Jett's problems Friday when Jett's mother called him Everything else he has heard about the case has been from media reports, he said.

He said the building's landlord decided to lock the salon's doors. Priest declined to discuss the business' financial details.

"It's absolutely shocking to me," Priest said. "It was a whirlwind of emotion to me when I heard a friend, let alone a business partner, was supposedly into things that I had no idea about."

Vorce faces multiple civil suits in Kent County and was under federal investigation. But before Tuesday's arrest he had not faced criminal charges.

Jett appears to have little criminal history other than minor traffic infractions, according to state records.

Jett's mother declined to comment Tuesday.

Neighbors in the subdivision where Jett lives said they were unaware of the allegations. County records show Jett does not own the $222,000 house.

Morton and other employees at the salon said they rarely saw Jett, who was known as the money man behind the salon.

Priest was the more active partner, although neither had any experience working in the salon business before Studio 64's opening in May 2007.

Vorce was an occasional client and visitor. His fiance, Stacey Veeder, was a receptionist there.

Veeder, who visited Vorce in jail last week, said she is standing by him.

"I was really surprised" by the arrest, she said. "There's another side to the story that nobody knows. Everybody believes everything that immediately comes out in the media.

"I know his heart. I know he wouldn't intentionally hurt me or his family again," she said.

Veeder said she didn't know anything about the business Vorce and Jett allegedly were doing in Chicago.

"I can have hope and faith in my heart that he wasn't involved," she said.

Hair stylists Anna Lamberts, Kylee Brandsen and Vanessa Heckaman were among those who suddenly found themselves unemployed and looking for answers.

They described a salon that lost money through most of its existence but appeared finally to be coming into its own after a lot of hard work by employees.

Morton said she was told August was the first month the salon paid its bills.

"We all worked very hard -- all this hard work just to have it taken away by people we never met before," Lamberts said.

Employees said they believed Jett had been helping the salon meet payroll, apparently from his other ventures, such as the construction business he owned.

On his Myspace.com profile, Jett described himself as a custom home builder whose interests include "clubbin, friends, hockey, boating, working out, always striving to be a better person."

Under the books heading, he wrote: "Overrated. I learn soo much more from real life."
Old 09-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hopefully both these boyz will learn about "real life " real soon!!
Old 09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by speed demon
The salon was co-owned by James Jett, a 29-year-old Byr

Vorce was an occasional client and visitor. His fiance, Stacey Veeder, was a receptionist there.

Veeder, who visited Vorce in jail last week, said she is standing by him.

"I was really surprised" by the arrest, she said. "There's another side to the story that nobody knows. Everybody believes everything that immediately comes out in the media.

"I know his heart. I know he wouldn't intentionally hurt me or his family again," she said.

"I can have hope and faith in my heart that he wasn't involved," she said.
. ."

Ohhh man is she drinking the kool aid
I know first hand this guy is smooth and slippery

Poor girl has no idea what she is attached to

word is he has taken more than one identity this past year to get another boat or two

I know how he gets em to follow him into the fire

Hope she can just walk away
Proof love is deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid

I would tell her the same thing i told another person that was involved with Vorce a couple of years ago

what i said is "DONT WALK RUN" away from him I hope she heeds this and RUNS

Last edited by boatme; 09-06-2008 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

Make no mistake

I got burned by this guy a couple of years ago and i didnt see what he was about until i started to work for him, then it became obvious fairly fast

he had myself and everyone around him fooled he is smooth but the jig is up now and no one can think he is innocent anymore

Quick Reply: Michael Vorce...he is at it again!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.