Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Very Cool story! Some people are amazing! >

Very Cool story! Some people are amazing!

Notices

Very Cool story! Some people are amazing!

Old 09-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Very cool stories, It is always so easy to get caught up in the day to day things that acts of kindness are looked on a strange.It is amazing how much the little things mean even to kids. I was 12 years old and just came out of boys village(juvenile hall) and was rebelling against everything, their was an older guy with a neighboring farm who needed some help, I thought he was a little weird at first, but after a few days of working with him he started to share some stories of his life. he was a self made man, and his children were grown, i had known them as well, but he went back to school at the com college to learn more, they had great rates for seniors, and listening to him talk about school with a smile on his face made me stay in school, I did what i had to do to pass and graduated with a C+ avg, but I made it, he and his wife had shown me stability, that I hadn't seen from my dad...made a difference to me and my life, I was also friends with one of my English teachers, she checked and told me I had the 3rd highest IQ in the school, why were my grades so low. turns out I wasn't challenged enough, so my assignments were always a little different. those 2 adults that saw something stopped my criminal career very early.
Hi Rob, very cool story!

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
now, all this being said..Dont lose it, jackass...just funnin with ya

After your above commennt, I don't feel guilty writing this!

[QUOTE=offshoredrillin;[/QUOTE]
I was also friends with one of my English teachers, she checked and told me I had the 3rd highest IQ in the school,

Your school must have had an entire fleet of short school busses if that's the case.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Just when you begin to lose faith in humanity...

Gino:
Great stories and thanks for sharing. Gave me a good feeling just reading them.

Ed Cozzi

P.S. I'm the guy from the alley. When can I pick up my 10K check?
Old 09-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

That was a great story and I was thinking most people should learn from that old mans generosity. Unfortunately many will not learn a thing from it. I love that story and that old man was something else. Even you kinda blew him off. That's what am talking about.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Just when you begin to lose faith in humanity...

Gino:
Great stories and thanks for sharing. Gave me a good feeling just reading them.

Ed Cozzi

P.S. I'm the guy from the alley. When can I pick up my 10K check?
Actually, There is quite a resemblance. The other guy was younger!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice story Gino, that guy knew you had a good heart and would pay it forward. Anyone that has been on here for a while knows of your generosity, you are always one of the first to step up to the plate and offer financial help when it is needed. I am blown away by your background I had no clue. I am sure there are a lot of people on here that have been envious of your material things, to hear how rough things were for you in the past, is really inspirational, you ought to write a book!

There are a lot of people on here from FL perhaps posting the name and location of his store might give his business a boost, that's a great way of paying someone a compliment without having to give them money.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I didnt, and would have never in a million years guessed your background was anything like that Gino. I saw just a glimpse of your generosity when we took in Zul about a year back It didnt work out for us here, but we did find him a good home. I have had a pretty rough year to say the least, and more than a few times thought about throwing in the towel on the path I was on(not litterally, but just a 180 degree change) but stuck with it because I knew it would work out. In the last 30 days or so I have it happened. During a major downturn in the economy I have been doing better than I have probably in the last 2 years buisness wise, and it looks like it will get better and better from here. I have a lot of work ahead, but I can finally see some light. Even though I cant afford to do many of the things people here can, I think I will seek out some kind of way to do just what that man did for you in the jewlery store the other day. As rough as I have it still, someone out there is in worse shape, and I will see if I can pay it forward in some way.

Thanks for both of those stories.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Hi Rob, very cool story!

After your above commennt, I don't feel guilty writing this!

I was also friends with one of my English teachers, she checked and told me I had the 3rd highest IQ in the school,

Your school must have had an entire fleet of short school busses if that's the case.
lol, rural area and public schools...nuff said
Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty cool stories Gino. Even YOU has to have some good luck once n a while. Obviously, something the old alleyway guy did for you turned on the magic light bulb and you saw it.

As for the old jeweller, make na donation to charity in his name and hand him the reciept. Probably the best thing money can buy.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino, great story. Don't worry, you're one of the guys making the world a better place also. You were very nice to me and Donna on my 50th birthday. Thanks again for the ride, it's something I won't forget. Ian
Old 09-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear stories like these. Nice to know that there are good people that become successful. Congrats. Hey Gino put the name of his store on here. I'm sure several S.Florida boaters would visit and buy from this amazing individual.

Quick Reply: Very Cool story! Some people are amazing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.