Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
MTI and Outerlimits in trouble - where did the thread go? >

MTI and Outerlimits in trouble - where did the thread go?

Notices

MTI and Outerlimits in trouble - where did the thread go?

Old 09-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Website to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
That alone could have 3/4's the threads removed from OSO!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:39 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was something started in humor that was quickly getting out of context therefore it hit the trash where it belongs!!! I am sorry that I even posted on it the first time but it was all in harmless fun at that point so to all involved please accept my humble apologies!!!

Terry you're a true gent!!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Registration to this forum is FREE! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.

OFFSHOREONLY.COM DOES NOT SELL OR SHARE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION INCLUDING E-MAIL ADDRESSES TO OUTSIDE SOURCES!!

Considering the real-time nature of this Website, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this Website or any entity associated with this Website. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Website to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this Website.

Although this Website does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this Website reserve the right to delete any message or user without notice for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this Website, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin)and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

We at this Website also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this Website. This includes posting URL addresses in signatures or posts in an effort to advertise your business. Items for sale and classified type posts do not belong in the Forum section of the Website unless specified. The Classified section of the website is the place to post classified ads. The Forum Administrator will remove your post without notice. If you are interested in advertising your business, please feel free to contact Offshoreonly.com for pricing.

Offshoreonly is a place to share information but is not a place to strongarm an individual or business by posting bad press in an effort to resolve a dispute or misunderstanding. Slanderous remarks and negative comments without merit will be removed immediately. Valid disputes may be posted once a Judgement from a Court has been obtained and even then we reserve the right to remove the posting at our Counsels direction.

Due to the number of threads, posts, and members we are unable to provide explanations when posts or threads are moved or removed. We suggest that if you have a thread moved or removed that you read the Forum Rules to see what Rule may have been broken. Posting a new thread asking why a thread was moved or removed will result in the new thread being deleted immediately. Continued Postings on deleted or closed topics will result in Banishment form the Website with or without warning. Postings against administrators and moderators actions and decisions in an effort create controversy will result in post removal and immediate banishment. Pay Memberships allow you to use certain features of the site, they do not give you the right to say whatever you want. Members that are banned for violation of Forum Rules will not be refunded their Membership Fees.
ADVERTISERS:
As a vendor, you are a business first and foremost, and a user/individual second. Take this into consideration with every post and any other correspondence you make with any individual on the forum.

Do not make any comments regarding another vendor, or any products they carry, unless it is positive (i.e. Nice product)

OFFSHOREONLY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE RULES AND POLICIES OF THIS WEBSITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE
who is it that makes sure everything is factual or not....OSO deleted threads that PAYING members posted about certain venders not sending parts that were payed for....then more people got burned because OSO decided that it was not factual and poofed it ?... or was it that said vender threatened to pull there advertising off of here....i can see a life time ban in my future...

Last edited by getchasum111; 09-04-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unfair/untrue rumors may be like a run on a solvent bank adding to problems if they are unfounded. Would you buy a Mercury if you heard they were closing their doors?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by getchasum111
who is it that makes sure everything is factual or not....OSO deleted threads that PAYING members posted about certain venders not sending parts that were payed for....then more people got burned because OSO decided that it was not factual?... or was it that said vender threatened to pull there advertising off of here....i can see a life time ban in my future...
Here's the problem I see now. There is no more "OSO" decides. The new company has apparently taken a back seat and set the auto pilot on. There are those that have control to delete posts (and ban people I believe) but I would assume all the moniotors have their own agendas (friends, connections in the industry they dont want to burn, self fullfilling reasons at times, etc). With out an impartial party to be the absolute oversee'r (not that Steve or Jeffrey were impartial ) you'll always have agenda's when dealing with banned members and deleted posts.

So, whatever. Someone delted a post that they felt was false. Good enough for me.

Come up with some proof of the facts and then possibly it wont get banned. However, maybe it will due to the fact negative press just further fuels the negative (in cases like this) and seeing as some have good friends with in these companies they don't want to see negative things happen to them...Again, personal agenda.

There's rumors flying all over about boat companies going out of business from west coast to east coast. The day any company closes their doors, it will be posted on OSO gauranteed! Until then don't speculate.

Anyway, keep on keepin' on.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No rason for the thread delition.. More politics at OSO??/
A question was asked.. comments were posted..
Is this one any better?
"MTI and Outerlimits in trouble - where did the thread go?"

Better see this thread poofed REALLY QUICK.
Whatever happend to freedom of speech and oppinion??
No rules were broken. Not that I realy care, but I do think it's unfare. Like I said before. I know some of the Builders and have pretty good feel of what's going on, and won't adverstise it here. However.. poofing a thread from preasure from sponsers, just not right.
May be there WAS some truth in the thread to scare some of them to have the thread deleted. My .02
I plan to see Mike F. from OL in a while.. (I owe him a tape with his son and me).. How about some really interesting comments and post regarding some boats and other companies? What about Velocities troubles? Baja? etc. etc. Is it getting to be that we all have to watch what we say or post? fearing for deletion? I have no beef against any manufacturers, but deleting a thread that really didn't do anything is just not right. No "Claim" was made. No accusations. Post were provided, answeres were offered.
I heared from the News Media that GM, Chrysler and Ford was in trouble. Now days every one in phucking trouble. OSO deleting every comment and question? Unless it's about some BS.. TD nonsence?

Right....

>>> who is it that makes sure everything is factual or not....OSO deleted threads that PAYING members posted about certain venders not sending parts that were payed for....then more people got burned because OSO decided that it was not factual?... or was it that said vender threatened to pull there advertising off of here....i can see a life time ban in my future... <<<<

Ditto
Old 09-04-2008, 05:07 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Registration to this forum is FREE! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below.

OFFSHOREONLY.COM DOES NOT SELL OR SHARE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION INCLUDING E-MAIL ADDRESSES TO OUTSIDE SOURCES!!

Considering the real-time nature of this Website, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this Website or any entity associated with this Website. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this Website to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this Website.

Although this Website does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this Website reserve the right to delete any message or user without notice for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this Website, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin)and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

We at this Website also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this Website. This includes posting URL addresses in signatures or posts in an effort to advertise your business. Items for sale and classified type posts do not belong in the Forum section of the Website unless specified. The Classified section of the website is the place to post classified ads. The Forum Administrator will remove your post without notice. If you are interested in advertising your business, please feel free to contact Offshoreonly.com for pricing.

Offshoreonly is a place to share information but is not a place to strongarm an individual or business by posting bad press in an effort to resolve a dispute or misunderstanding. Slanderous remarks and negative comments without merit will be removed immediately. Valid disputes may be posted once a Judgement from a Court has been obtained and even then we reserve the right to remove the posting at our Counsels direction.

Due to the number of threads, posts, and members we are unable to provide explanations when posts or threads are moved or removed. We suggest that if you have a thread moved or removed that you read the Forum Rules to see what Rule may have been broken. Posting a new thread asking why a thread was moved or removed will result in the new thread being deleted immediately. Continued Postings on deleted or closed topics will result in Banishment form the Website with or without warning. Postings against administrators and moderators actions and decisions in an effort create controversy will result in post removal and immediate banishment. Pay Memberships allow you to use certain features of the site, they do not give you the right to say whatever you want. Members that are banned for violation of Forum Rules will not be refunded their Membership Fees.
ADVERTISERS:
As a vendor, you are a business first and foremost, and a user/individual second. Take this into consideration with every post and any other correspondence you make with any individual on the forum.

Do not make any comments regarding another vendor, or any products they carry, unless it is positive (i.e. Nice product)

OFFSHOREONLY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE RULES AND POLICIES OF THIS WEBSITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE

nuff said
Old 09-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
No rason for the thread delition.. More politics at OSO??/
A question was asked.. comments were posted..
Is this one any better?
"MTI and Outerlimits in trouble - where did the thread go?"

Better see this thread poofed REALLY QUICK.
Whatever happend to freedom of speech and oppinion??
No rules were broken. Not that I realy care, but I do think it's unfare. Like I said before. I know some of the Builders and have pretty good feel of what's going on, and won't adverstise it here. However.. poofing a thread from preasure from sponsers, just not right.
May be there WAS some truth in the thread to scare some of them to have the thread deleted. My .02
I plan to see Mike F. from OL in a while.. (I owe him a tape with his son and me).. How about some really interesting comments and post regarding some boats and other companies? What about Velocities troubles? Baja? etc. etc. Is it getting to be that we all have to watch what we say or post? fearing for deletion? I have no beef against any manufacturers, but deleting a thread that really didn't do anything is just not right. No "Claim" was made. No accusations. Post were provided, answeres were offered.
I heared from the News Media that GM, Chrysler and Ford was in trouble. Now days every one in phucking trouble. OSO deleting every comment and question? Unless it's about some BS.. TD nonsence?

Right....

>>> who is it that makes sure everything is factual or not....OSO deleted threads that PAYING members posted about certain venders not sending parts that were payed for....then more people got burned because OSO decided that it was not factual?... or was it that said vender threatened to pull there advertising off of here....i can see a life time ban in my future... <<<<

Ditto
Mike F doesnt have a sonGoes to show you how Oldschools sig line is true:OSO where everyone can be an expert
Old 09-04-2008, 05:22 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Mike F doesnt have a sonGoes to show you how Oldschools sig line is true:OSO where everyone can be an expert
Aint that the truth.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

It's a good thing it was deleted! That thread could have single-handedly made OL and MTI go bankrupt!!! That was a close one!

Quick Reply: MTI and Outerlimits in trouble - where did the thread go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.