Notices

KPM Water Pump Parts

Old 09-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aTX427
That was a false statement I was told by the original US distributer. KPM uses the standard Merc impellor. Jules at [email protected] was always very responsive to me.
That is true but they use to use a different impeller. They went to merc impellers recently.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
able to run dry may as well order 4 extra impellers now
cause run dry aint gonna work
I was one of the first to try the KPM umps when they came out. I had some problems due to the HP my engine put out and the torque would break the pulleys off. They have been redesigned and i have them on my 1550's. I will tell you you can run them dry for a loooooong time. I have never burned an impeller in a KPM pump. I have burned hundreds of them in merc pumps and Eickert pumps. Sometimes as little as 15 seconds running dry would destroy an impeller and housing in merc and eickert pumps.
I have run KPM's for minutes without water and have never burned an impeller. I do recommend KPM's since they redesigned the shaft and pulley.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Gino for your kind words on the KPM pumps, we certainly think they are some pretty good products.

KPM are focusing more on the commercial end users at the moment but that does not mean that replacement pumps for Ilmor, Merc etc are not available. Check out www.kpm-marine.com for a selection of whats available. More products will be coming soon.