Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder >

WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder

Notices

WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder

Old 09-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I really shouldn't say this, because I know that this is gonna cause a chit-storm of a thread, but I'm gonna say it anyway. It's open discussion right, so let's discuss it.

Is the boat business so bad right now that we're resorting to selling inventory by a raffle??
I'm not saying anything bad about the boat/brand. Brian invited my wife and I to go through one in Miami back in Feb. and I was very impressed with the quality of the boat.

Is this a sign of the current market.
I think it very well may be.

Sorry, I don't mean this in any way to be a bash on AT, and I really don't mean to Hi-Jack.
For the record, I think it was already down the hi-jack road before I got here - it just raised further questions to me.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The collors are good.
I'm trying to lower my boat count tho.. not to increase it.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is the thread that discussed this before.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ghlight=raffle

It is gambling unless a charity is to benefit.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by rbr2328
What happens if only 10 tickets sell?

I thought a raffle has been brought up before and determined to be illegal?
If 100 tickets are not sold, everybody gets their money back. Max amount of tickets that will be sold is 110.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:11 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Gotta figure it's gonna cost another couple $K to outfit it with safety gear, lines, fenders, electronics, etc...
This isn't a game for the guy that can't afford to buy the boat outright.
Don't mean to knock the idea, I just foresee the boat not being taken care of because the new owner can't afford to properly care for her.
And yeah, insurance on a rig you really can't afford, but hold a clear title on is optional (in most States) if I'm not mistaken.
Heck I can't afford to buy the boat outright but I sure will take care of it if I win it! Boats really aren't to bad if you don't dump fuel into the tank every day or two. The only thing that may be a tad expensive would be the sales tax when you register your new prize. I NY when you win something you have to register I believe you pay Sales Tax on Blue Book Value or some other predetermined value....and that may sting a few people. Good luck!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
just strap that 43 down..real good
It is!

And you better strap your 43 down 'cause Ike's stopping along Duval Street for a few drinks and then heading right for ya, buddy!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
Heck I can't afford to buy the boat outright but I sure will take care of it if I win it! Boats really aren't to bad if you don't dump fuel into the tank every day or two. The only thing that may be a tad expensive would be the sales tax when you register your new prize. I NY when you win something you have to register I believe you pay Sales Tax on Blue Book Value or some other predetermined value....and that may sting a few people. Good luck!

I agree, There is a big difference between being able to buy a 100k+ boat outright vs. coming up with 1K to throw down towards a 1 in 100 chance of winning it. look at it this way. If you do win it you have 99k left to spend on fuel and rigging and insurance!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rbr2328
What happens if only 10 tickets sell?

I thought a raffle has been brought up before and determined to be illegal?
NOPE....in the text you will see that if the 100 ticket minimum is not reached all moneys from purchased tickets will be refunded on Sept. 20 th 2008.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered

Gotta figure it's gonna cost another couple $K to outfit it with safety gear, lines, fenders, electronics, etc...
A couple K ?

Vests, lines, fenders and a few CG items well under 600.00

This boat does not ned any other electronics....please refer to options list.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Is the boat business so bad right now that we're resorting to selling inventory by a raffle??

Is this a sign of the current market.
I think it very well may be.
No to both ..... we wanted to try something a bit different and fun. A client came up with the idea and we went with it. It does open the door for someone to get a really nice piece for 1000.00. We could have easily just listed the boat for 110k but the idea of somebody getting it for a very small investment seemed interesting. If it works fine....if not thats fine too and we will list it str8 up for 110k.

Quick Reply: WIN a 37 AVH - Active Thunder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.