Accident at Cumberland Poker Run >

Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Notices

Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Old 09-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobonthis
So every time I pass a slower boat on the water its now a race..They already explained what happened and he just caught a wake wrong..Read up before you post dumb stuff like this.
Big difference between going for the lead at 130 mph and as you say " passing a slower boat". Most well run "poker runs" have speed limits to keep accidents like this from happening. Thats what makes them a poker run and NOT a race. I've seen Stu at FPC kick speeders out and I'm glad he does, thats why I only attend well run events like his that put safety first and have no problems enforing the rules.

Try reading what was written before YOU post dumb stuff like that.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered

We were also right there when it happened. very sad day for everyone on the lake..

R.I.P. Kevin
Old 09-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Registered

Just got off the phone with Kevin's dad, Robert. He gave me info on donations:

http://www.performanceboats.com/html...ad.php?t=17974
Old 09-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Craig, I was the flag boat for our group on Saturday (the orange Nor-Tech), although I don't think we met I wish you the best for a speedy recovery and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. My thoughts also go out to Kevin's family. I was parked next to him in 2007 at the LC run and he seemed like the great adventurer that the people who knew him better have posted here. The story about his efforts to save lives at the SOTW tragedy a couple of years ago speak volumes as to the man he was.

As far as the speculators posting on this thread, please have a little respect for these two men and their friends and families. There will be a time and a place for discussion about future poker runs, but this should not be the time or the place. What happened has been posted in great detail by the officer at the scene, and I also spoke with people who have seen the film. There is no need for any further speculation!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God Speed.. R.I.P.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Registered

We were also there when it happened...

Craig,
Our prayers are with you in your recovery.

Rest In Peace Kevin.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chuck
Craig, I was the flag boat for our group on Saturday (the orange Nor-Tech), although I don't think we met I wish you the best for a speedy recovery and I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. My thoughts also go out to Kevin's family. I was parked next to him in 2007 at the LC run and he seemed like the great adventurer that the people who knew him better have posted here. The story about his efforts to save lives at the SOTW tragedy a couple of years ago speak volumes as to the man he was.

As far as the speculators posting on this thread, please have a little respect for these two men and their friends and families. There will be a time and a place for discussion about future poker runs, but this should not be the time or the place. What happened has been posted in great detail by the officer at the scene, and I also spoke with people who have seen the film. There is no need for any further speculation!!!!
EXACTLY! that shouldn't have been necessary....but it needed to be said
Old 09-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by craig s
I Want Everyone To Know Kevin Would Never Blame Anyone Else For What Happened This Weekend . He Is Not That Kind Of Person. I Would Like To See Any Video Footage Because I Dont Rember Everything So Well. So If Someone Has A Copy Could They Send It To Me . I Did See The Boat When I Got Out Of The Hospital, But Cant Tell Much Other Than The Crash Was A Bad One.
Jeff at Schumakers has some pictures, they are a bit disturbing considering the outcome. Tank posted them here, Jeff has the full res version if you want to see them.

Get well soon
Old 09-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Registered

Here are the details

The funeral services for Kevin Sellers will be held at
Wilson St Pierre Funeral and Crematory, Stirling Gerber Chapel 5950 East Thompson Road Indianapolis, IN 46237. The showing will be on Wednesday from 4pm - 8pm and the funeral will be Thursday at 2pm

Any financial contributions should be sent to The Grace Doctrine Church 1821 South River Road St Charles, MO 63303

Thanks to all of you with the positive and complimentary comments. It is appreciated by both family and friends. Kevin was a great guy and will be missed greatly!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SchumakerPerformance
Here are the details

The funeral services for Kevin Sellers will be held at
Wilson St Pierre Funeral and Crematory, Stirling Gerber Chapel 5950 East Thompson Road Indianapolis, IN 46237. The showing will be on Wednesday from 4pm - 8pm and the funeral will be Thursday at 2pm

Any financial contributions should be sent to The Grace Doctrine Church 1821 South River Road St Charles, MO 63303

Thanks to all of you with the positive and complimentary comments. It is appreciated by both family and friends. Kevin was a great guy and will be missed greatly!!!
Thank You for the Information .

Quick Reply: Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.