Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rest in Peace
Old 09-06-2008, 08:32 PM
me.
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to be a really great guy will be sorely missed. I personally didn't know the guy but will defiantly send prayer up for everyone involved.

A question same as posted on Lakecumberland.com; Judging from all I've read here and there about the driver, could he have dropped an engine or some other type of mechanical error to cause such a hard turn or was it a head on type wake that caused the accident?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

So sorry to hear of the tragic events that transpired at the poker run... our prayers go out to the family friends and all involved....
Godspeed...
Old 09-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dejana4Life
I hate signing on and seeing this.
that is the dang truth.

very sad to hear about this...Kevin sounds like one hell of a good guy. rest in peace...my thoughts are with everyone involved...

tank, those pictures really are sobering.

i hope there is some resolution as to what happened exactly. i think we would all like to know soon enough...
Old 09-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

R I P
Old 09-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by me.
Seems to be a really great guy will be sorely missed. I personally didn't know the guy but will defiantly send prayer up for everyone involved.

A question same as posted on Lakecumberland.com; Judging from all I've read here and there about the driver, could he have dropped an engine or some other type of mechanical error to cause such a hard turn or was it a head on type wake that caused the accident?

I'm sure that time will tell.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered

Default Accident

I met kevin last year at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run. He gave me a great ride in his Skater after the Sat. event. After riding in his boat I traded the 32' for a 36'. His boat ran so good. He was a pleasure to share some time with. He also was the first boat to the first card stop last year. His girlfriend and my wife spent a few hours together and we enjoyed getting to know them. I am numb, shocked and saddened. All our prayers are with him, his friends and family.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

RIP and thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I'm not trying to sound like an insensitive a-hole, but theres been a few accidents this year. we arent going to have to worry if this keeps up, as the speed limits are coming. horsepower is exceeding handeling. I am not implying he did anything wrong, all Im saying is that in a poker run you are traveling on an open body of public water, and no matter how much fun your having, you still have to operate your boat in a safe prudent manner. anyother way will draw negative attention to the sport. My condolences to the family and friends.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

My prayers are with the family.

There was a coment about having limited access to a public lake. It would make the event a bit safer but I really dont think it would be fair to all. A family just wanting to spend part of their vacation on the water tubing should have that right on a public lake. Everyone that is on the lake might not take interest in the poker run. A poker run is not intended ro be a "race" as was stated, its about getting together with other boaters and getting the best poker hand hence the name. I think it has evolved into what this and it is becoming more and more dangerous. Alot of poker runs have already dropped there event due to insurance issues. At some point, promoters are going to have have some limits and rules to make it safe both to spectators and participants.

Quick Reply: Accident at Cumberland Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.