Notices

Old Shadow Hull

Old 03-05-2002, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

off topic

Last edited by Steve 1; 03-05-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2002, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo Mr. T2X

I thank you very kindly for addressing that so well. I hope you do not think badly of what I said . Maybe that Was some of the hot blooded brittish in me. However I tried quite hard to be somewhat diplomatic with my statments., but the comments on the 35' seemed a little Harsh when I read them in the earlier thread .Mostly b\c I've heard so many times my old man say just how difficult it was to design a boat in that era that did have different design specifications than other boats of the time. And yes the larger versions were attrocious(different sizes require different design parameters) And just for Clarification The reason that boat sank was b\c of wedges having been driven between the laminations on the tunneltop during rigging leaving a great gaping hole after she was under way.. (heck Bill Seebolds first offshore boat sank at the dock & he is One of the greatest OPC\formula one builders of alltime) Go figure ehh..
I am truely agree with your statements of the collabrative efforts of all of these boats, and the tremendous talents of all of the parties involved. And most Especially the teams involved with each one. It just saddens me sometimes to see one of those tallents often deleted\forgotten during topic discussion. Anyhow I do to this day believe that this trio of , Linder, Adams , and Luhrs could put out a cat that could run the #s off of the best there is today given the opportunity (composite or Wood\composite.)

Ken Adams jr.
Old 03-06-2002, 02:34 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Steve/Ken Jr.:

I concur with both of your posts..and mentioned previously that Jaguars were built with first class materials and workmanship.

As far as making a Cat today....yeah, we could certainly compete and raise a little Hell...BUT.... Peter Hledin (Skater)is VERY, VERY good.........and would be a tough competitor. His new 30 footer is shaping up to be a masterpiece.

T2x
Old 03-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

? 30' Skater? Tell us more about this boat. What engines? Why is he building it? Single or twin I/O? More info.
Old 03-06-2002, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 30'??..that could be cool!!
Old 03-06-2002, 04:30 PM
KN
Registered

The BodyGuard race boat was a one off 30' Skater, I saw it race in New York in 1999. Is this the new 30 or is it a different design, it had twin outboards, and raced in P class.

Kirk
Old 03-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 37 Chris Cat

I found the 37 Chris Cat "running plug". It's sitting in the back yard of the American Offshore factory. Through no fault of the current AO owner, the 37 is in sorry shape. The wood bottom is delaminating everywhere. Too bad: it's real piece of history.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:59 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

The Body Guard race boat was a one off and has nothing to do with the new plug. The new 30, as I understand it, is primarily an outboard hull with more freeboard and a deeper tunnel than the 28. What's most intriguing about this, Peter is personally doing the plug himself and encorporating all of his new "tricks" in terms of tunnel width, steps, and handling. It sounds like a smaller version of his new 32 and is specifically designed for the 3.0 liter 300 pro max's and X's. Sort of a Shadow Cat for the 21st century...... I'll be waiting for the boat tests.

By the way.....if you get a chance look at Linder's post on the "We lost a thread"....thread. Damn it's good to see the old coot can still type....even if he does drool on the keys........

T2x
Old 03-06-2002, 10:40 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

http://www.darrensoffshorephotos.hom...aterfest3.html The old coot himself. Notice the drool bucket attached to his lower lip.
Old 03-07-2002, 05:30 AM
Registered

T2x,

Something to think about, What is the most efficient hull you have heard of.

My old 36 skater would go 118 on GPS and verified with a radar gun during a kilo run in NC. It had bravo drives and HP500 power. It weighed 7200 lbs. We were running a outboard prop, I think a 34 pitch. We were on the rev limiter 5250.

If you do the slip calculations its impressive.

I believe the 36 is the best boat peter builds/fastest.

Quick Reply: Old Shadow Hull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.