Need some ideas on Marine Fuel Injectionion >

Need some ideas on Marine Fuel Injectionion

Notices

Need some ideas on Marine Fuel Injectionion

Old 02-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Need some ideas on Marine Fuel Injectionion

Who has heard about or is running a good marine fuel injection system that they would recommend to a feloow offshore member. Lots of systems out there, who's system is not working in marine enviroment as well as who's is doing a great job. Ideas would be appreciated.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What are you doing and what are you building? What do you want the EFI system to do?
Old 02-27-2002, 09:16 PM
Registered

Trying to improve the driveability as well as how clean the boat runs. I'm tired of wiping the black off the transom every couple of hours. I have a Procharger system with dual carbs and there is just not a happy medium, either fat in the middle and runs great on top end(plug readings), or the other option, let's not even discuss, a great cruise and lean on top. A friend is trying the Nickerson blower carbs for blow thru carb systems, but he hasn't tested them yet. I feel a fuel injection for the marine application could do it all, I think we all we have that conclusion eventually, after the bugs are worked. I would think with all the great ideas floating around this board suely someone has tried this, or has researched it to the point they hit a snag, like cost.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

I have been running Haltech electronic injection for 5 years. It is a trouble free programable ecm. Not cheap but then the good stuff never is. The ecm can control all ignition functions as well as fuel.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:38 AM
Registered

Which Haltech are you using is it the F9 or F9a?
Did you piece together your manifold and throttle body with the rails, and buy the Haltech ECM, or did you buy complete.
Where did you get you system?
Do you have TPS and IAC motor?
Numbers and details would be very helpful.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:15 PM
Registered

Has anyone tried the Commander 950 sytem on a boat?
Looks like it would work great, naturally aspirated or supercharged. Here's their website post, copy it and check out all the systems. maybe we could get an Offshore package deal if anyone else is interested.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLin...C950/C950.html
Old 02-28-2002, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What about Total Control by PFM Products the superchiller people. That is what I am going to try this year.
Old 02-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to add my .02 here . You obviosly know a thing or 2 about FI. I'll just state my point. the main problem Wtih aftr mrkt is they need a o2 to accomodate all the different engines for fuel mixture. 02 in marine is a problem.
factory engines have set fuel maps so 02 is not needed . they way i see this is you could look @ mechanical FI (kinsler) or fork over the cash to have a ecm burned to your particular engine fuel map. Now i'll step back and wait to be corrected in my misinformation. please correct me if i'm wrong
Old 02-28-2002, 07:37 PM
Registered

Try Ariszona speed
Old 02-28-2002, 07:43 PM
Registered

The tech people at Holley state that the oxygen sensor can be welded in to Lightning headers with no problem, and the fact I have the dry to the transom makes it even better. As well, once the computer programs itself to the motor, it no longer needs the oxygen sensor. Keeping in mind that it will follow that one program it has just written itself. Sounds great now will someone else try it first, so I can be sure, before I plunk down my 3 grand.
I did price Arizona Speed and Marine and they are $4500.00, and there's runs off E-prom, which is preprogrammed for particualr application, not as flexible, and a lot more.

Last edited by jspeeddemon; 02-28-2002 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Need some ideas on Marine Fuel Injectionion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.