Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Double R and Nor-tech to Raise the Bar Once More At Fort Lauderdale With 39 Roadster >

Double R and Nor-tech to Raise the Bar Once More At Fort Lauderdale With 39 Roadster

Notices

Double R and Nor-tech to Raise the Bar Once More At Fort Lauderdale With 39 Roadster

Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 AM
NorTechNorth.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Double R and Nor-tech to Raise the Bar Once More At Fort Lauderdale With 39 Roadster

2008 could not have started any better for Double R Performance and Nor-tech.

First, the 4400 Nor-tech Roadster Supercat that Double R commissioned stole the show at the Miami Boat Show in February.

Then in June, Bob Barnhart broke the world record from Key West to Cancun in his new 5000 Nor-tech Supervee diesel "Team Predator."

In July, the new 3600 Nor-tech Supercat "Team Peacemaker" won the radar run at the Hanko Poker Run and became the fastest boat in Finland.

In August, the world's premier poker run, Poker Runs PRA's Kingston 1000 Islands was dominated by 11 Nor-tech's.

Also in August, Ken Jensen's 3600 Supercat "Disturbing Behaviour" won the Poker Runs America High Roller Poker Run in Ottawa and $50,000.

Now, Double R has raised the bar once more by commissioning the most anticipated new boat in the industry. The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show will be the debut of Nor-tech's new 3900 Roadster Supercat. Being touted as "the Evolution of Supercat," the new 3900 boasts similar performance numbers to the 3600 but adds better handling at all speeds, a larger 6-person cockpit, Roadster styling and Roadster windshield for backseat comfort. With its looks to die for, Double R has decided that this boat deserves special power packages. This will be the first Nor-tech to have Mercury's 1200 SCi's . Estimated top speed is 170 mph plus. The boat will be in the water for the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show at Bahia Mar Yachting Center/Hall of Fame Marina H/I Dock 59-62;G Dock 709 from October 30 to November 3.

Pictured is a 39 inch model of the 3900 Roadster.
Attached Thumbnails Double R and Nor-tech to Raise the Bar Once More At Fort Lauderdale With 39 Roadster-39-roadster.jpg  

Last edited by Double R Performance; 09-08-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Title was too long to fit.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see this...
Old 09-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm going to have to attend just to see this boat Peter!!!You guys are having a great year, congrads. If I come to Lauderdale tell Raymond I'm bringing the scooters!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Double R Performance
2008 could not have started any better for Double R Performance and Nor-tech.

First, the 4400 Nor-tech Roadster Supercat that Double R commissioned stole the show at the Miami Boat Show in February.

Then in June, Bob Barnhart broke the world record from Key West to Cancun in his new 5000 Nor-tech Supervee diesel "Team Predator."

In July, the new 3600 Nor-tech Supercat "Team Peacemaker" won the radar run at the Hanko Poker Run and became the fastest boat in Finland.

In August, the world's premier poker run, Poker Runs PRA's Kingston 1000 Islands was dominated by 11 Nor-tech's.

Also in August, Ken Jensen's 3600 Supercat "Disturbing Behaviour" won the Poker Runs America High Roller Poker Run in Ottawa and $50,000.

Now, Double R has raised the bar once more by commissioning the most anticipated new boat in the industry. The Fort Lauderdale Boat Show will be the debut of Nor-tech's new 3900 Roadster Supercat. Being touted as "the Evolution of Supercat," the new 3900 boasts similar performance numbers to the 3600 but adds better handling at all speeds, a larger 6-person cockpit, Roadster styling and Roadster windshield for backseat comfort. With its looks to die for, Double R has decided that this boat deserves special power packages. This will be the first Nor-tech to have Mercury's 1200 SCi's . Estimated top speed is 170 mph plus. The boat will be in the water for the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show at Bahia Mar Yachting Center/Hall of Fame Marina H/I Dock 59-62;G Dock 709 from October 30 to November 3.

Pictured is a 39 inch model of the 3900 Roadster.

Don't forget the killer 80 foot yacht too!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Registered

Congratz Peter & DBL. R Very cool!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Was just wondering if the new 39 Nortech and 39 Motion was a joint venture between Nortech and Motion? Motion has theres completed first it appears since the pics are up. These boats look identical?????
Old 09-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro1
Was just wondering if the new 39 Nortech and 39 Motion was a joint venture between Nortech and Motion? Motion has theres completed first it appears since the pics are up. These boats look identical?????
Sorry but the answer to that is no.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

As I said on another forum:

WOW!

Nor-Tech has really stepped up in the design department.

Very, Very nice.

Here are two I saw during my factory tour back in Dec 2007.

The new 39, looks amazing!

Can't wait to see her in person, and up close!
Attached Thumbnails Double R and Nor-tech to Raise the Bar Once More At Fort Lauderdale With 39 Roadster-dscn2248.jpg   Double R and Nor-tech to Raise the Bar Once More At Fort Lauderdale With 39 Roadster-dscn2240.jpg