Not Much To See Here Anymore >

Not Much To See Here Anymore

Notices

Not Much To See Here Anymore

Old 09-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedpro1
Thats why we should have more professional moderators on this site and not everyone with a personal agenda to grind. I think it would hold more weight with all of us.

Guess I've been reading a different forum. The moderators currently active here are the ones keeping it going in the right direction.

Buck
Old 09-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

nothing last forever........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 09-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here, this made me laugh. (From "the bilge.")

Originally Posted by fund razor
It has often been pondered why offshore boaters own and wear gold.

Now it has been discovered... the reason.

The boat depreciates at a fixed rate inversely proportionate to the price of marina gas. This we knew.
(HINT: So does the US dollar. Ooh. Double inversely.)

But it turns out gold appreciates in value at a rate proportionate with oil.

The key is to wear one inch of gold per foot of boat. They may be divided between chains as you wish. Say... a 32 foot boat. One 18 inch chain and one 14. 41 Apache? No problem, One 12, one 16, and six and seven inch bracelets. Whatever works for you. (Note: Reggie owns a lot of boats. )
The secret is to also wear one foot of gold chain per extra hundred optional horsepower. And some Krugerrands. Horsepower ain't cheap.
You may wear those as well. (you will see why shortly)

Now... you're at a poker run, and you and your buddies are staying at a hotel. You can't leave it at the hotel. You must wear it. If you leave it at the hotel the maid, or your buddy, maybe named Jim. Or Scott. Will steal it.

So there we are.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered

The formula worked until a few days ago... now gas is up, oil is down, the dollar is up, the market is down, cats are sleeping with dogs, and Cash is turning 40.
End of an era.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread has a lot to think about. I'm going for a drink to clear the thinking muscles.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
Here, this made me laugh. (From "the bilge.")
thanks fund razor...I needed that...
Old 09-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Registered

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........the board is dead.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's a thought...

Somebody go dig up something interesting to talk about. I think people are getting a little lazy- wanting to log on here and find something entertaining to maybe comment on- sometimes just a smiley face or a "yeah!".

But don't worry- in 2 weeks, fall will be here, most will have gotten their last blasts in and everyone will be just bored enough to stumble back in here.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Here's a thought...

Somebody go dig up something interesting to talk about. I think people are getting a little lazy- wanting to log on here and find something entertaining to maybe comment on- sometimes just a smiley face or a "yeah!".

But don't worry- in 2 weeks, fall will be here, most will have gotten their last blasts in and everyone will be just bored enough to stumble back in here.
i'm waiting for another nice day to put the boat in...i don't want it to get cold....
Old 09-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

Its a real nice day here at GLOC and the surrounding states. Upper 80's and clear skies. Loos like a great day to go BOATING!
I'm outta here to go launch it.

Quick Reply: Not Much To See Here Anymore

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.