Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Some of Hurricane Ikes Nastiness >

Some of Hurricane Ikes Nastiness

Notices

Some of Hurricane Ikes Nastiness

Old 09-15-2008, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats kind off odd seeing a forklift in the water and a boat on the pavement. Even worse is seeing your beautiful boat sunk on the trailer in your parking lot.

There is going to be a big scratch and dent sale soon.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by B one
Thats kind off odd seeing a forklift in the water and a boat on the pavement. Even worse is seeing your beautiful boat sunk on the trailer in your parking lot.

There is going to be a big scratch and dent sale soon.
well at least you only have to wait a few days for the water to recede...beter than calling sea tow..... and Im sure ebay will soon have some of those "to good to be true" car and boat deals in the near future...
Old 09-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for sharing the photos with all of us, it is unbelievable to see the devastation done by IKE. Where I live we have nothing like that other then the odd Tornado, and ice storm and I hope we never will. My heart goes out to all the families, that have and will continue to be effected by this storm.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered

Does anyone prepare for a storm or take responsibility for their own property? 100+ winds and 20+ storm surge predicted for more than a week. Who pays for the damage to a property when a sailboat lands on someones fence? Sh*t happens but how many people will be crying to their insurance companies when the only prep they did was a couple extra dock lines? I've been thru everything since Andrew and at some point people need to wake up. Those pics look like everyone walked away and said O' well. And then they complain they can't afford insurance in the future. I'm sorry about lives lost but thats for another thread.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thats sickening to see those boats wrecked like that-From the other JeffC
Old 09-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered

We do not even close our shutters for 100 mph wind, hell that is boring. hurricanes are hardly ever about the wind,most houses up to code can handle 150 plus.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

It's a trip to see boats under water and on the road but then see that Hatteras in the back ground chillin' the most like nothing happened.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

A customer of mine who is a truck driver told me today that he watched bulldozers pushing sportfish boats into a pile next to the road. He said they did'nt look that bad until the dozers got done with them.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks for posting those, Jeff. Always sad to see that kind of destruction - especially when boats are involved. The next few weeks are gonna be miserable- good luck to everyone in the area.

The New York Times has a few slide shows of the wreckage.

I snagged a couple pix... sad times for the area right now.
Attached Thumbnails Some of Hurricane Ikes Nastiness-ike-gilchristtx.jpg   Some of Hurricane Ikes Nastiness-ike-galv.jpg   Some of Hurricane Ikes Nastiness-ike-galv2.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 09-15-2008, 09:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Here's a shot of the storm from the Space Station, I believe from last Friday - they couldn't get all of it in the frame.

I read somewhere that from the edge-to-edge of the clouds (not the wind field) the thing measured 900 miles across.
Attached Thumbnails Some of Hurricane Ikes Nastiness-ike-iss.jpg   Some of Hurricane Ikes Nastiness-ike-fri-noon.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Quick Reply: Some of Hurricane Ikes Nastiness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.