New graphics on my Scarab, Before and after pix

Notices

New graphics on my Scarab, Before and after pix

Old 03-20-2002, 09:05 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New graphics on my Scarab, Before and after pix

I have a small at home vinyl graphic shop and I was having trouble designing new graphics for the boat because the black line down the middle was throwing me off. I was almost thinking of repainting the whole boat. After hearing so much about Ryan Beckley I decided to give him a try. That was the best thing I ever did. I told him I wanted something that would brighten up the whole boat and hide some of the black. He sent me over a few designs he made up and we went from there. After a few emails back and forth this is what he came up with. Its hard to tell from the photos but it's Teal, bright yellow and lustery purple. These colors all together have seemed to make the dark teal seem much brighter. It really stands out. The wife says it looks like an Easter egg. It tuned out better than I would of ever imagined. I feel like its a brand new boat in the driveway. Trust me these photos don't do justice.

Sorry the photos aren't the best but it was cloudy out and it's going to rain all week. I had to take them before I move to the next stage of the project.... that is re doing some of the interior. I am ripping it all out this weekend...... The fun never stops.

Here is the befor photos
Attached Thumbnails New graphics on my Scarab, Before and after pix-scarab-befor.jpg  
Old 03-20-2002, 09:12 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

After reciving the design fro Ryan Then the fun started. I had to do some minor tweeking to make it fit properly and cut the vinyl. Then I drove to Albany ( 2 hours north) to meat up with Shane and do the application in a verry well heated garage. It took us 8 hours of prepping and aplication, but It was worth every minute.

Its hard to tell in the photo but there is a purple inlay on each side of the yellow. I will have better photos in a few weeks.
Attached Thumbnails New graphics on my Scarab, Before and after pix-scarab-after.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Boat; 03-20-2002 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:16 PM
Registered

That looks awesome ! looks like a new boat.

I think I will be emailing Ryan tommorrow, I'm kind of bored with the graphics on my boat.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:22 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Hot Boat, where did you get the American flags on your bow???
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

That's fantastic. It really does look like a new boat. Congrats!
checkmate981

Paul,
The boat looks great!Are you going to be up to the lake this year with it(LG)?How is the engine coming?
Dave

Old 03-20-2002, 09:25 PM

Paul, She really looks good the graphics make the boat stand out real nice!
Old 03-20-2002, 09:26 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

here is better pix of the deck
Attached Thumbnails New graphics on my Scarab, Before and after pix-scarab-after-top.jpg  
Old 03-20-2002, 09:40 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Thanks everyone.......if anyone is interested in a set of flags I have a bunch for sale $25 a set.

Checkmate ....I will be up at LG every other weekend and the Hudson river during the week and alternating weekends. The motor is coming along. Were just waiting for the carb to get back so it can go on the dyno. I can realistically see the boat being finished by the end of May. maybe we can meet up there one day.

Paul
Old 03-20-2002, 10:03 PM
checkmate981

Paul,
Sounds good .Once again The boat looks sweet.
Dave

Quick Reply: New graphics on my Scarab, Before and after pix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.