Notices

Key West Poker Run

Old 09-16-2008, 03:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Key West Poker Run

We are going to be in KW from Nov 1 -10 and are considering doing the poker run with the FPC. Since we will already be in KW several days before the run we are considering running to Miami from KW on Monday, staying in Miami Monday night and then doing the poker run back to KW on Tuesday.

If we do it, I would want to hook up with somebody that knows their way through the keys really well. We can get the maps and use the GPS, but if the keys are anything like here, the channels move and things are constantly changing. We could run on the outside up to Miami, but if the weather is nasty on Monday I would like the option to run inside if needed.

Anybody else doing this?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm coming in on wednesday and leaving with the Thursday crew. I also plan on hooking up with the guys that know the way. Who's going on Thursday?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks as if we are going to make the trip as well! Will have a crew of 4 maybe 5! I know one of my crew has made the run several times and claims he knows the waters. I think we leave on Thursday as well. Look for me in the black and red Donzi 43 ZR.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by puredonzi
It looks as if we are going to make the trip as well! Will have a crew of 4 maybe 5! I know one of my crew has made the run several times and claims he knows the waters. I think we leave on Thursday as well. Look for me in the black and red Donzi 43 ZR.
I met you at the islands I think. I'll have a crew of 6. If your towing down or as we have named it "Operaton Camel Tow", let me know if you want to convoy down. I'm flying down but my crew is leaving early to be sure to be down in Miami on wednesday.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See if Tonto / Robert Tanner is going. We did a 2 day Key West to Lauderdale w/ him a few years back. Robert is the KING of that trip and knows every bar , etc. Have a great trip , I'm envious!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do you have a good gps? Last year on the return I stopped for fuel in Marathon and the rest of the pack I was following took off and left me. I didn't have my bread crumb trail on the gps so I followed the active gps all the way back without incident. It's not that hard...just go inside at the Bahia Honda bridge and follow the channel markers. Go slow thru the mangroves.

FYI we are also signed up for the Tuesday run down this year.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brace yourself! We have rafted up several times at PIB and Kelleys. I am still up in the air as to the run in Key West but am 90% sure we are going to do the run from Thursday thru Monday. Like you i will fly down and meet crew and boat. My boat will already be in Florida because we are going to do the season finale in Sarasota as well. Great run you should think about it!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Remember the crab pots are your friends when it comes to water depth but obviously not your friend wrapped around your props!

Crab pots are unsually in 10 feet of water or so..........
Old 09-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

We will be in KW all week with the boat. i doubt we are going to do the run this year
Old 09-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Nobody else running from KW to Miami to do the poker run?

Quick Reply: Key West Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.