OSS Season Cancelled after LOTO

Notices

OSS Season Cancelled after LOTO

Old 09-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
Salesmanship - ...They can't make everyone happy, so set the rules up front and give the racers a reason to join and want to race, and quit trying to appease everyone -...
Now THAT I agree with !!!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I may, I would like to make one other suggestion... Don't allow a single sponsor to control the whole show.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:11 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordo
I disagree.
In 1998/1999, how many boats were committed to APBA Offshore?
A lot of them ...except the ones that were running SBI...and US Offshore/OPA....... In addition you had the guys who only raced in the Great Lakes...or California.

Gene made tremendous progress and 1998-99 was a tribute to that....but it didn't take long for OSS to come along and fracture it. In addition the head of the LLC suing the APBA didn't help much either.

THE POINT is the individual wants and needs of the racers must take a backseat to the needs of the sport....or there will be no sport.

T2x

P.S. How are you feeling Gordo...? I hope your health is much improved.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T2x,
I follow your POINT and agree, but I saw many factors fracturing APBA before OSS came to be.

How different would things be if SBI and APBA would have joined then instead of later in response to OSS?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee

I think too many chiefs, not enough indians - everyone knows how to do this better, needs to be a plan and leadership.

It's not easy, but it is simple.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea but the boycotters were supposed to save the planet. Ron P is a good guy but how long will he hang on now?
Old 09-19-2008, 12:38 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
T2x,
I follow your POINT and agree, but I saw many factors fracturing APBA before OSS came to be.

How different would things be if SBI and APBA would have joined then instead of later in response to OSS?
They didn't really "join"...the LLC sort of kicked the "rights" over to JC...and he has done nothing with them other than to add the APBA name to SBI.

Now you have APBA/SBI, OPA, OSS, and Super Cat something or other, and whatever AMF is(Offshore, Garveys, Jersey Speed Skiffs...etc).....That's four + separate and distinct entities....when no more than one can succeed in any real fashion..... especially in today's ridiculous economic times.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 09-19-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:06 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
I know which 1 will succeed get rid of the huge egos and know it alls let the sport grow case in point OPA
OPA has no major class to draw fans....and a competition model that requires a degree in political science to decipher.

Other than that it has great enthusiasm, and strong loyalty from many of its racers........... but like a marriage based solely on blind love, it needs some real fundamentals before it becomes anything more than a bunch of joyriders IMHO.

T2x
Old 09-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
They didn't really "join"...the LLC sort of kicked the "rights" over to JC...and he has done nothing with them other than to add the APBA name to SBI.

Now you have APBA/SBI, OPA, OSS, and Super Cat something or other, and whatever AMF is(Offshore, Garveys, Jersey Speed Skiffs...etc).....That's four + separate and distinct entities....when no more than one can succeed in any real fashion..... especially in today's ridiculous economic times.

T2x
your'e my mentor .
Old 06-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DaveP
I might win my $1.00 bet yet
Originally Posted by Ron P
I bet you loose that bet.
One of my favorite sayings........

"Be careful of the toes you step on as you climb the ladder as they will be attached to the azzes you will have to kiss on the way down the ladder"

Quick Reply: OSS Season Cancelled after LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.